Tundra+Klångedang vs JBL 308p

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

kallesprätt

Tundra+Klångedang vs JBL 308p

Post by kallesprätt »

Hi!

What do you guys think about exchange Tundra stereo 2.5 and Klångedang for a pair of JBL 308p and keep my Sagatun as preamp? I'm starting to think about a Källa, and selling my Tundra and Klångedang would free up some money.
But will JBL speakers be better or worse than current setup?

/Kallesprätt
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Tundra+Klångedang vs JBL 308p

Post by Charlie1 »

I recommend you try them yourself. They are relatively cheap so hopefully you can try them side by side. I couldn't really pin down what I didn't like about them. I know members think I didn't get them setup right with proper cables but I get the same feeling from online clips, perhaps less so.
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

I agree with charlie1. The jbl’s are so cheap, you can get them without having to sell your tundra. Then you can post clips of both combinations for us all to hear!

But, Källa + Jbl vs ? Tundra + klangedang? That’s a different comparison, and from my experience of Källa, the combo with jbl’s could be a winner.

What you do could also depend on what you think of the klangedang’s. If you really like them, maybe it’s worth waiting until you’ve got the funds to keep what you’ve got and just get a källa.
markiteight

Post by markiteight »

What's your current source?

Given my experience with 308s in my own system fed by a reasonably musical source (HAKAI), and then hearing Fredrik's 308s driven by SMs and Källa, and then Källa/Giella/TM/T1 (although in a different space and different context), I agree with Spannko that Källa/SM/308 will likely be more musical than whatever your current source is driving TM/T1. Based on my less-than-scientific experience with the two I think TM2/T1s are musically superior to the 308, but source first! If selling the TMs and T1s on gives you the opportunity to upgrade to one of the most musical sources currently available, that's a strong argument in favor of that route.

But as Charlie1 said, the JBLs are cheap so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to give them a go. Just don't skimp on the cabling! ;-)
kallesprätt

Post by kallesprätt »

markiteight wrote: 2023-04-25 21:09 What's your current source?
I use a Hakai and a decent LP12 (Karusell, A Radikal, Keel, Ekos 2, Adikt, Slipsik 8).

I found a pair of JBL 308p so I might give them a try.