Linn 50th Anniversary

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

sktn77a

Re: Linn 50th Anniversary

Post by sktn77a »

Charlie1 wrote: 2023-11-12 00:44 Perhaps focus on the tune is simply a 'nice to have'.
Whooaaaa Nellie, them's fighting words on this forum!!!
Keith
LP12, Ekos, VM760, Slipsik 7.1, NDX2, 252, 250, Aerial 5B, LS3/5a, Harbeth M30, Gallo TR3D
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

sktn77a wrote: 2023-11-18 18:36
Charlie1 wrote: 2023-11-12 00:44 Perhaps focus on the tune is simply a 'nice to have'.
Whooaaaa Nellie, them's fighting words on this forum!!!
I don't think Ivor is "on this forum" tho', is he :? :)
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

FairPlayMotty wrote: 2023-11-13 10:14
Spannko wrote: 2023-11-13 04:59
FairPlayMotty wrote: 2023-11-13 01:02
……….I don't recall Linn doing marketing during the time I bought kit from their shop in Glasgow (or any other time)………. Perhaps marketing is lost on me.
I believe this is known as being hoisted by your own petard 😂
I'm about to buy chocolate - have I fallen victim to a sneaky marketing campaign? No.
Do I believe that the shop selling the chocolate has imbued it with magical qualities not found in other chocolate? No.
Am I going to wake up tomorrow and express anger at the company that made the chocolate? No.

As an adult I can make a decision.

On the occasions I'd drinks with Ivor in Glasgow (prior to me buying Linn products) I don't recall him ever talking about HiFi. The conversation was typical Glaswegian banter.
I’ve honestly absolutely no idea what point you’re trying to make. Linn not marketing their wares? Buying chocolate? Banter with Ivor?
tpetsch
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tpetsch »

"Tight, F'ing tight, Linn tight & broken" :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOrcpsKqi4U&t
Rega P10, Aphelion II, Aura. Naim CB 32.5/HC, Naxo 3-6/HC, 3x250 into K20/DMS.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

This hasn't been commented on in a while but I thought I'd put in an additional word or two. I am not expecting to see the Utopik for Radikal this year. I put my money where my mouth is and recently ordered a Radikal2 for my second LP12 instead of waiting for Linn to add the Utopik. The latest word is that the LP12-50 production is paused. Current estimates are that the last of the LP12-50s may not be delivered until September. This does not look positive for an early release of a Bedrok plinth upgrade nor for the Utopik for Radikal. Why, you ask? Imagine buying a $60,000 turntable from Linn and finding out that partway through the production, or even just after it, that they have come out with a new upgrade for the power supply and want you to pay another roughly $1400 for it. That is likely to go over like a lead balloon! Probably better to wait six or so months after the LP12-50s are all delivered to announce a PS upgrade.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

ThomasOK wrote: 2024-04-04 20:36 This hasn't been commented on in a while but I thought I'd put in an additional word or two. I am not expecting to see the Utopik for Radikal this year. I put my money where my mouth is and recently ordered a Radikal2 for my second LP12 instead of waiting for Linn to add the Utopik. The latest word is that the LP12-50 production is paused. Current estimates are that the last of the LP12-50s may not be delivered until September. This does not look positive for an early release of a Bedrok plinth upgrade nor for the Utopik for Radikal. Why, you ask? Imagine buying a $60,000 turntable from Linn and finding out that partway through the production, or even just after it, that they have come out with a new upgrade for the power supply and want you to pay another roughly $1400 for it. That is likely to go over like a lead balloon! Probably better to wait six or so months after the LP12-50s are all delivered to announce a PS upgrade.
Thanks again for the information Thomas, it's much appreciated. For the most part, I can wait for the new Utopik power supply...I suspect it will be worth the wait!

Cheers
Tony Tune-age