YT video comparing 11 network switches.

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

Whatsmynaim

YT video comparing 11 network switches.

Post by Whatsmynaim »

Edit: I forgot to add that for us forum members this is very much an exercise in tunedem. And I'm curious which one ya'll prefer.
-----------------------

OK, so here's a youtube video comparing 11 different network switches.
https://youtu.be/8HNMMksiD_Q

..It's almost too many for my brain to process but I did like the Netgear GS108E.
Use the timestamps in the comment section for quick navigation.
Geoff

Re: YT video comparing 11 network switches.

Post by Geoff »

I think it was these guys...are they in Holland...that did another one of these. In that one they did the "classic" Netgear 108 featured here, and then did audiophile grade units. What was interesting was they then added some high end power supplies into the mix. To my ear, and I YouTube'd via Songcast into my system, not headphones, the power supplies made the "better" improvements.

I bring this up as the reference standard 108 is only gigabit, and I would like to start thinking about taking advantage of multi gig networking as my NAS exists (where it should for hifi purposes) downstream of my switch, with the rest of my network upstream.

All the 10GBE units are ten times the cost of our beloved 108's, and haven't been blessed for audiophile use, but has anyone found one that is good? Even if only good, maybe a power supply could improve it?
AEDSM,Akurate Exaktbox-i Kat,Akudoriks,K600
Netgear108T,QNAP TS451+,BJC CAT6a
Majik 126,Exakt subbox
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Re: YT video comparing 11 network switches.

Post by Hermann »

I had already reviewed and listened to the YT video some time ago. But must say, there are just too many. Ergo, I stay with my GS108T (new) and the old extended design, the GS308T and a Cisco WS-C2960-8TC, which I have not yet tested.

Regarding third party power supplies, I had tested some ifi power supplies based on various recommendations, but was disappointed how even the musicality was ruined. So I left it.
Trust your ears