Video about 10 iconic turntables.

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

markiteight

Re: Video about 10 iconic turntables.

Post by markiteight »

beck wrote: 2023-01-10 22:32 I have found a way with CD, so much so that I really enjoy the music and my visits to the local second hand store increase in numbers and my collection grows.

I love what my records can do for me and I believe that even streaming could make me happy when I get the chance.

What I find to be most important is to end up with a system and setup that can present music in a way that makes you relax and enjoy.

No system is perfect. Not even the very expensive ones.

This is what I have picked up these last many years. :-)
I'm right there with 'ya, Beck. While the very best analog is still better than the very best digital, that's not always the case. The digital I have access to is better than the vinyl I have access to, and I don't see that changing in the foreseeable future. The best vinyl costs a LOT more than the best digital. Plus, digital streaming puts a vast collection of music at my fingertips that would be impossible to amass in a personal collection, both physically and financially.

Will digital ever surpass analog as the very best musical source? Doubtful, but possible. Will digital be the best musical, financial, and convenience solution for the vast majority of people? Has done, and will continue to do so.
tpetsch
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tpetsch »

Interesting article that goes into further explanation about the roots of the upcoming Naia, some really impressive engineering and material development went into it's development starting around 14 years ago:

Here's just one example:
""The Naiad’s bearing, for example, was produced by a company manufacturing for the Ministry of Defence who found itself with a bit of spare time to dedicate to the project when the MOD had reduced defence budgets. It didn’t have any data on machining aluminium oxide and so decided it would be beneficial for the company to gain experience in producing something to that kind of accuracy – accuracy which, if you were wondering, was plus or minus one micron in machining the hardest material known to man! ...“It's probably cost us in the region of about half a mill to a million pounds in time, energy and machinery,” Gandy recalls the company telling him. “But don't worry, we've learned a huge amount from it.""

https://www.whathifi.com/features/rega- ... 2k-reality
Rega P10, Aphelion II, Aura. Naim CB 32.5/HC, Naxo 3-6/HC, 3x250 into K20/DMS.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Certainly a market for a top-end £12k turntable. You must be temped - gonna hear one?
tpetsch
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tpetsch »

Charlie1 wrote: 2023-03-30 09:38 Certainly a market for a top-end £12k turntable. You must be temped - gonna hear one?
Yes, looking forward to hearing one at some point, hopefully for a few days in my system where I can do a direct back to back with the P10.
Rega P10, Aphelion II, Aura. Naim CB 32.5/HC, Naxo 3-6/HC, 3x250 into K20/DMS.