Tundra monos

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

wonky1969

Tundra monos

Post by wonky1969 »

Hi all,

I recently (2months ago) bought a pair of used tundra Monos,serial numbers 13/14 from a seller on here,i didn't get the chance to hear them switched on,but sounded ok,so I got them.
Only on getting them home,and installed in my system,did I notice that one didn't have the small thump on power up,the system is used three mornings a week,and didn't notice it until I had them a couple of weeks,then the speaker connected to it would buzz after an hour or so playing,i changed speakers over,and singled it out to the amp and speaker cable.
I re-terminated the speaker cables,which sorted the buzz out,but the amp now makes a buzzing noise,through the connected speaker,briefly on switch on,a faulty capacitor possibly?
I did contact the seller,who didn't even have the courtesy to reply to me,so I guess he knew it was faulty,shame on him.
So my question is,can it be repaired here in the UK?
Is it going to damage the connected speaker,if I continue to use it this way?
And I know that they can't be upgraded to tarandus spec,but can they be improved upon via upgrade,and would this also sort out the issue I'm having?
Any help much appreciated.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Tundra monos

Post by lejonklou »

Hi Wonky!

Sorry to hear that you have a problem. Let’s sort it out!

The power on thud sound is nothing to think about. Some have a tiny thud and others have none. It depends on how many milliseconds there is between the two power supplies powering up. If they’re exactly as fast, there’s complete silence on startup.

The hum and buzz is something else and from your description, it seems you’ve done a proper fault finding. That’s great, because almost half of the units that are returned due to a fault turn out to be perfectly fine, and some other unit was actually causing the problem.

I think the best thing to do is that you email me at info@lejonklou.com and we’ll find the best way to get your amp serviced.