fidelity-online review of Klimax LP12

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

fidelity-online review of Klimax LP12

Post by Hermann »

For the interested reader, fidelity-online has posted a review of the LP12 Klimax. An English translation can be selected on the page.

His statement: "Hopefully it has become clear that the Linn Sondek LP12 Klimax has emphatically impressed me in every respect."

Or this: "Even the reproduction of complex, large-scale orchestral works such as Arthur Honegger's Pacific 231 (Ansermet, L'Orchestre de la Suisse Romande, Decca SXL 6065), which is considered by many to be the parade discipline of heavy masselaufwerke, succeeds par excellence on the jubilarian. Listening to this complex piece of music over a lower quality turntable, there is a danger that Pacific 231 will degenerate into a spectacular but seemingly incoherent din. Over the LP12, one can suddenly understand why there was a standing ovation from the audience and rave reviews from the critics at the 1924 premiere in Paris. Like a good conductor, he always keeps the overview, so that one can effortlessly follow both individual instruments and melodies and thus fully enjoy the coarse beauty of this symphonic movement."

https://www.fidelity-online.de/linn-lp- ... eburtstag/

Enjoy
Trust your ears
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Re: fidelity-online review of Klimax LP12

Post by ThomasOK »

Nice review and they did a really great job on the photos. A couple of minor mistakes in the text although I'm not sure if one was a translation error or not. But the plinth was referred to a couple of times as being available in multiple "veneers". The LP12 plinth has always been solid hardwoods - no veneers. Also he missed that the Urika 2 does have adjustable loading, just the Urika 1 doesn't.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Arjen
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Arjen »

Playing Linn LP 12 TT like “walking on the moon”, nice narrative of a legend.
Lenco 76/S TJN, Dr. Fuss, Supernait2, CD5X, Slipsik7.1, Millon Phantom, Soundeck, AudioSensibility
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

@Thomas, I have brought this to the attention of the initiator, my friendly Linn dealer. Also, the scating setting is misleadingly written. This can be read as if Linn recommends 1mN as default. However, this is the preferred setting of the writer.
Trust your ears
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Hermann wrote: 2022-06-11 05:10 @Thomas, I have brought this to the attention of the initiator, my friendly Linn dealer. Also, the scating setting is misleadingly written. This can be read as if Linn recommends 1mN as default. However, this is the preferred setting of the writer.
Hi Hermann! I noticed the anti-skating and figured it was the preference of the writer. If I read it properly he was setting it for maximum trackability of the highest level tracks on his test disk - not a good idea. Using regular music and listening is the only effective way to set anti-skating.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

That's right Tom. His setting destroys the music, it sounds wrong.
Trust your ears