Munich show 2022

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Munich show 2022

Post by Tendaberry »

We tried this at a friend's, when we were evaluating supports/boards for his Solos. Moving the Solos to a worse board (in a metal frame with spikes supporting the board) immemiately worsened the performance, the degree depending on how good or bad the board was. The floor was better than some of the boards we tried.
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

Tendaberry wrote: 2022-06-11 12:51 We tried this at a friend's, when we were evaluating supports/boards for his Solos. Moving the Solos to a worse board (in a metal frame with spikes supporting the board) immemiately worsened the performance, the degree depending on how good or bad the board was. The floor was better than some of the boards we tried.
👍
lindsayt

Post by lindsayt »

Spannko wrote: 2022-06-11 12:46 ... The way I think about racks and supports is that they combine with the HiFi component to form a symbiotic sub-system, with the support providing 55% of the performance and the component the other 45%, or something of that ilk.
If the support provides somewhere in the region of 55% of the performance, why would Linn exhibit at a prestigious hi-fi show with a support that sonically let their system down? Instead of exhibiting with a support that they know works well with their system?
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

lindsayt wrote: 2022-06-13 12:40
Spannko wrote: 2022-06-11 12:46 ... The way I think about racks and supports is that they combine with the HiFi component to form a symbiotic sub-system, with the support providing 55% of the performance and the component the other 45%, or something of that ilk.
If the support provides somewhere in the region of 55% of the performance, why would Linn exhibit at a prestigious hi-fi show with a support that sonically let their system down? Instead of exhibiting with a support that they know works well with their system?
I don’t know. Similarly, why would they use other manufacturers loudspeakers to dem their range? Probably only Gilad knows.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Linn used Fyne Audio speakers at Bristol in 2019 if you recall and don't think anyone was very impressed by that. It was OK, but OK is only OK for something like an Amazon Show unit, not for Hi-Fi. But then the Rega room (Rega One system) was the only one I recall conveying much in the way of music, so Linn were certainly not alone.