Radio Paradise getting better?

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

springwood64
Very active member
Very active member

Radio Paradise getting better?

Post by springwood64 »

In the last few days I've found it increasingly difficult to turn off Radio Paradise (playing on my Hakai) and go to bed.

I keep finding myself thinking: "there's so much more to this song and it is much better than I remember"

And then the next song comes on....

I haven't made any changes to the system for months.

I'm not hearing the same on Spotify

Anyone else hearing an improvement on Radio Paradise?
Pete

Linn Axis, Kinki, Källa (GS308T+Amplifi HD x 2 + BJC), Boazu, Espeks
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Radio Paradise getting better?

Post by matthias »

Which quality do you get from RP?
Lossless FLAC?

What I dislike is that they are promoting MQA as the best sounding audio stream.

https://radioparadise.com/listen/mqa

Matt
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

springwood64 wrote: 2021-09-18 07:40 I'm not hearing the same on Spotify
Generally I think that the newest versions of Spotify are sounding better and more musical than the older ones.
There is a new version for Mac desktop app about every week.

Matt
Matt

springwood64
Very active member
Very active member

Post by springwood64 »

matthias wrote: 2021-09-18 08:50 Which quality do you get from RP?
Lossless FLAC?
Yes, I listen to the FLAC stream
Pete

springwood64
Very active member
Very active member

Post by springwood64 »

matthias wrote: 2021-09-18 09:05
Generally I think that the newest versions of Spotify are sounding better and more musical than the older ones.
There is a new version for Mac desktop app about every week.
Unfortunately I don't think volumio on my Hakai benefits from these improvements. It also uses a different bit of software to play Spotify streams : vollibrespot as apposed to mpd for radio paradise.
Pete

matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

springwood64 wrote: 2021-09-19 08:49 Unfortunately I don't think volumio on my Hakai benefits from these improvements. It also uses a different bit of software to play Spotify streams : vollibrespot as apposed to mpd for radio paradise.
The advantage of Källa is that it will sound more musical (without any updates) when a new Spotify version for MacOS or iOS is also more musical.

I also hope that there will be a further uplift with the upcoming Spotify Hifi.

Matt
Matt

matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

springwood64 wrote: 2021-09-19 08:47 Yes, I listen to the FLAC stream
I listened now to RP via Safari and via the Mac desktop app. Both sound very good as FLAC stream.
It is a real pity that Spotify is not (yet) available lossless.

Matt
Matt

u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz »

springwood64 wrote: 2021-09-18 07:40 In the last few days I've found it increasingly difficult to turn off Radio Paradise (playing on my Hakai) and go to bed.

I keep finding myself thinking: "there's so much more to this song and it is much better than I remember"

I have started listening to Radio Paradise and agree that it is really very good on my two iphones- thanks for the recomendation.

The only problem is that i cant put it on my Linn DS units - struggling with the Tune in function ( cant find Radio paradise and unable to create a personalised list of stations).

Airplay with the DS is not good enough to listen to on my systems and I suspect one needs Kalla to really do Radio paradise justice.
Kalla/Sag M/Tun M3/242/LP12/Slip7

Kalla/Giella Pi/JBL308/RS2e

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

u252agz wrote: 2021-09-30 16:19 The only problem is that i cant put it on my Linn DS units - struggling with the Tune in function ( cant find Radio paradise and unable to create a personalised list of stations).
Working ok here. Happy to help if you want/need, in-thread or via PM.
anthony
Very active member
Very active member

Post by anthony »

u252agz wrote: 2021-09-30 16:19
springwood64 wrote: 2021-09-18 07:40 In the last few days I've found it increasingly difficult to turn off Radio Paradise (playing on my Hakai) and go to bed.

I have started listening to Radio Paradise and agree that it is really very good on my two iphones- thanks for the recomendation.

The only problem is that i cant put it on my Linn DS units - struggling with the Tune in function ( cant find Radio paradise and unable to create a personalised list of stations).

Airplay with the DS is not good enough to listen to on my systems and I suspect one needs Kalla to really do Radio paradise justice.
Put it in tune in as a custom url.
u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz »

Thanks Tokenbrit and Anthony

Will pm to see if I can finally use Tune in with Linn and get Radio Paradise on the streamers.

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s
Lego
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Lego »

u252agz wrote: 2021-09-30 16:19

Bubbleupnp should be able to send it to your DS
I know that tune
u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz »

Thanks Lego

I have no idea what Bubbleupnp is, but will look it up.

Thanks to Tokenbrit - I now have Tune in set up on the streamers but Radio paradise is not available in the UK at the moment.

Anthony gave me the http address for RP on tune in’s URL, but even this does not work at the moment .

Kalla and Protokol is an easy but rather drastic solution to my dilemma ( the RP standalone app works fine and will airplay to myLinn streamers , although not musical enough in my system).

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s
anthony
Very active member
Very active member

Post by anthony »

u252agz wrote: 2021-10-02 21:44 Thanks Lego

I have no idea what Bubbleupnp is, but will look it up.

Thanks to Tokenbrit - I now have Tune in set up on the streamers but Radio paradise is not available in the UK at the moment.

Anthony gave me the http address for RP on tune in’s URL, but even this does not work at the moment .

Kalla and Protokol is an easy but rather drastic solution to my dilemma ( the RP standalone app works fine and will airplay to myLinn streamers , although not musical enough in my system).
That's strange I've done this for at least 5 people and all work fine.
u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz »

I have been unable to get Radio Paradise on Tune in - their customer support seems unable to understand this issue but I’m still trying with them.

However Lego’s tip re BubbleUPNP works fine ( albeit only on an Android device - mine is a very old Samsung)
and may explain its glitchiness.

Now that I have entered the hitherto closed world of ‘streaming apps’ I have also got Lumin which is available on IOS. It’s Good, but I need to figure out how to get internet radio with this.

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

u252agz wrote: 2021-10-05 14:57 I have been unable to get Radio Paradise on Tune in - their customer support seems unable to understand this issue but I’m still trying with them.

However Lego’s tip re BubbleUPNP works fine ( albeit only on an Android device - mine is a very old Samsung)
and may explain its glitchiness.

Now that I have entered the hitherto closed world of ‘streaming apps’ I have also got Lumin which is available on IOS. It’s Good, but I need to figure out how to get internet radio with this.
Looks super simple - screenshot suggests that RP should be available in the Lumin app as a FLAC Radio built-in station. Keeping fingers crossed for success this time :)
Peter Lanky

Post by Peter Lanky »

I use the following url's for Radio Paradise on Tunein with no issues. They need to be entered manually on the Tunein app as opposed to the website, and these url's also provide limited tag information, namely the name of the track played and the artist. I can then play this either via Kazoo or BubbleDS and I assume any similar app, though I have never tried as Kazoo and BubbleDS meet all my needs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KDS/3 - 2 x Tundra Mono - Graham Audio LS5/9f