We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

tpetsch
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Turntables

Post by tpetsch »

[Delete
Last edited by tpetsch on 2022-12-21 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
Rega P10, Aphelion II, Aura. Naim CB 32.5/HC, Naxo 3-6/HC, 3x250 into K20/DMS.
Arjen
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Arjen »

Hi tpetsch,
Probably you misunderstood.
My remarks were not about the the P10, about the video, but about the thread after. Never heard the P10 playing as the LP12, Although Lovergroves cannot be complete in my opinion it was an interesting one. I’ m kinda disturbed about the discussion, seems to be biased towards a battle between LP12 and P10. I think snatex is asking for more than a choice between those two. There so much more diamonds not to be heard and seen at the forum in this thread and I love to give TT like P10 give more than a benefit of the LP12 lovers’ doubt. And the same for upgraded vintage TT’s, like Thorens or Lenco.
In a fruitful and useful discussion at this forum about TT’s some open mindedness might be helpful.
Lenco 76/S TJN, Dr. Fuss, Supernait2, CD5X, Slipsik7.1, Millon Phantom, Soundeck, AudioSensibility
Arjen
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Arjen »

I just installed Dr. Fuss Netzteil for controlling my Lenco 76/S. Platter turning now stable at 33.34. Another 0.05% to go. Wonderful tune and sound. I leave the LP12 vs P10 dispute for what it is, loving my Lenco.
Lenco 76/S TJN, Dr. Fuss, Supernait2, CD5X, Slipsik7.1, Millon Phantom, Soundeck, AudioSensibility
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

Arjen wrote: 2022-12-25 15:23 I just installed Dr. Fuss Netzteil for controlling my Lenco 76/S. Platter turning now stable at 33.34. Another 0.05% to go. Wonderful tune and sound. I leave the LP12 vs P10 dispute for what it is, loving my Lenco.
Turntables are just lovely to watch. Unlike digital we can see what is going on….. :-) Enjoy!
Playing cd’s…………
Arjen
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Arjen »

snatex wrote: 2021-09-17 16:31 I know that the LP12 is king around these parts and I am a big fan as well, but I am very curious if anyone has tested the LP12 against a VPI, Thorens, Technics, SME, Rega, Kuzma, Feickert or any other potential competitors. Please share any experiences and listening comparisons. Thanks.
I think, after reading about the TJN modificated Lenco’s by Jean Nantais they might be challenging the LP12. See reviews of Hearken Audio at Montreal Show (Event item on this forum). What do you think @Thomas O’Keefe?
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Arjen wrote: 2023-04-07 14:41
snatex wrote: 2021-09-17 16:31 I know that the LP12 is king around these parts and I am a big fan as well, but I am very curious if anyone has tested the LP12 against a VPI, Thorens, Technics, SME, Rega, Kuzma, Feickert or any other potential competitors. Please share any experiences and listening comparisons. Thanks.
I think, after reading about the TJN modificated Lenco’s by Jean Nantais they might be challenging the LP12. See reviews of Hearken Audio at Montreal Show (Event item on this forum). What do you think @Thomas O’Keefe?
I have no idea yet but I do intend to find out. I heard one at the Toronto show but the system was all made of equipment I had never heard before. I have talked with Jean and his ideas about design seem sensible to me but the proof of the pudding is in the eating. I plan to take my Klimax LP12 up to Hearken Audio at some point and do a shootout against a TJN Ultimate, something which Matt thought would be fun. But this is probably several months off yet.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Arjen
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Arjen »

ThomasOK wrote: 2023-04-19 18:40
Arjen wrote: 2023-04-07 14:41
I have no idea yet but I do intend to find out. I heard one at the Toronto show but the system was all made of equipment I had never heard before. I have talked with Jean and his ideas about design seem sensible to me but the proof of the pudding is in the eating. I plan to take my Klimax LP12 up to Hearken Audio at some point and do a shootout against a TJN Ultimate, something which Matt thought would be fun. But this is probably several months off yet.
Tom, it would be be a great musical challenge. Please keep us posted about the tasting this pudding dish.