Linn Akurate Radikal Question

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

Albert Hunt

Linn Akurate Radikal Question

Post by Albert Hunt »

Do these use a universal power supply (for example, if I bought one from the UK, could I use it in the US without modification, adapters or additional equipment aside from a US power cord)?
anthony
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Linn Akurate Radikal Question

Post by anthony »

Albert Hunt wrote: 2021-05-09 12:48 Do these use a universal power supply (for example, if I bought one from the UK, could I use it in the US without modification, adapters or additional equipment aside from a US power cord)?
It is auto ranging, so you can use it without modification.
Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

Before you commit buying an Akurate Radikal compare it to the Klimax version. I did so. Afterwards I had empty pockets, but a bigger grin on my face. :-)
PC or LP12-Krsel-KRad/1-Keel-Ekos SE/1-Akiva-Urika II | KRDSM | KEB/2 | C6100/D | AV5140/038
Albert Hunt

Post by Albert Hunt »

I compared the Akurate to Klimax Radikal and if I were able to use my Shunyata power cable with the Klimax version I might save for that, but the cable end won't fit it. The Akurate Radikal with the Shunyata power cable sounded better to me than the Klimax Radikal with its stock power cable.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

You might check and see if Shunyata make a low profile IEC connector for your cable. I know Nordost came out with low profile plugs several years ago in answer to customer demand to use them with units like Linn Klimax where the space is restricted. They might even re-terminate yours if you ask nicely.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Albert Hunt

Post by Albert Hunt »

Hey Thomas,

I'll ask them. I believe they use noise reduction circuitry in the barrel at the component end, but it's worth a shot.

ThomasOK wrote: 2021-05-12 16:28 You might check and see if Shunyata make a low profile IEC connector for your cable. I know Nordost came out with low profile plugs several years ago in answer to customer demand to use them with units like Linn Klimax where the space is restricted. They might even re-terminate yours if you ask nicely.
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Albert Hunt wrote: 2021-05-12 16:45 Hey Thomas,

I'll ask them. I believe they use noise reduction circuitry in the barrel at the component end, but it's worth a shot.

ThomasOK wrote: 2021-05-12 16:28 You might check and see if Shunyata make a low profile IEC connector for your cable. I know Nordost came out with low profile plugs several years ago in answer to customer demand to use them with units like Linn Klimax where the space is restricted. They might even re-terminate yours if you ask nicely.
You could try a Lejonklou power cord (LPC) on your Klimax Radikal. They are designed to sound really good with all the Linn and Lejonklou gear. I replaced two Shunyata power cords and two other power cords from my front end components, and now have LPCs instead. And the other power cords did sound good, but the LPCs are even better sounding with my Linn gear.

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
Albert Hunt

Post by Albert Hunt »

I think I’ll stick with my Shunyata cable and hope my dealer gets a demo or used Akurate Radikal, but thanks for the tips. Much appreciated.