Wall mounting a AV centre speaker - Linn 225

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

Chet

Wall mounting a AV centre speaker - Linn 225

Post by Chet »

My Linn Akurate 225 centre speaker is H 250 x W 600 x D 300 mm & weighs 21kg.
I will need to wall mount it soon. Any ideas what to place it on? Its on a wood cabinet at the moment, sitting on top of an isolation platform.

I was thinking a turntable wall shelf. I have a Vulcan for my LP12, but I am not sure I could buy another (can't see them online for sale) and it would probably be a bit small width wise and not even sure it could take the weight.

I really like crisp AV sound, so its important that it sounds good on whatever it sits on. I know its not a normal HiFi query... :)
LP12 > CD12 > KK1 > Twins >350's Activ
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Wall mounting a AV centre speaker - Linn 225

Post by tokenbrit »

Chet wrote: 2021-03-16 23:58 My Linn Akurate 225 centre speaker is H 250 x W 600 x D 300 mm & weighs 21kg.
I will need to wall mount it soon. Any ideas what to place it on? Its on a wood cabinet at the moment, sitting on top of an isolation platform.

I was thinking a turntable wall shelf. I have a Vulcan for my LP12, but I am not sure I could buy another (can't see them online for sale) and it would probably be a bit small width wise and not even sure it could take the weight.

I really like crisp AV sound, so its important that it sounds good on whatever it sits on. I know its not a normal HiFi query... :)
https://www.linn.co.uk/speakers-and-amp ... nts#brakit - "[c]ompatible with Majik 109, Unik, Akurate 212, Akurate 225, Katan, Trikan"
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

What he said.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Chet

Post by Chet »

Thanks Tokenbrit & Thomas. I am so glad I asked the question. I actually had some brakits for some (not great) little Linn surround speakers years ago, but they went a long time ago.

I am not at home now, so cannot see how the brakits fix to the 225 speaker. Does anyone know?
Also how many will I need? 2?

There is no mention of it in the 225 manual and no instructions or documents I can find for the Brakit on Linn Docs.
Chet

Post by Chet »

In case, this helps someone else, I spoke to Linn and the 225 speaker has holes pre-drilled in it (back) & you screw 1 part of the bracket into the speaker with supplied screws. The other part of the bracket you drill into wall.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Yes, all Linn speakers designed for Brakits have holes predrilled. One half of the Brakit attaches to the back of the speaker and the other to the wall. They then attach to each other with a single bolt and nut. They are quite sturdy units. I think that the 225 uses two Brakits but I'm not sure. I couldn't find a Linn manual describing using them nor could I find a photo of the full back. But one photo of the back showed holes on one side of the connection panel in the middle so my guess would be another set on the other side as it is a pretty heavy speaker.

However, there are two different versions of the Brakit and they aren't compatible with each other (different mounting holes). The one used for the 225 is the newer version, the Brakit 2. Although they aren't on the current Linn price list they are still available. Also Dynausio sells the same bracket for a few of their bookshelf speakers for about the same price in black only. Linn sells them in black or white.
The LP12 Whisperer
Chet

Post by Chet »

Thanks Thomas. I could not find any pictures of the back of the 225 either. It does need 2 Brakits, Linn confirmed that.
I've ordered 2 brakits. I will have to test that it will fit, now that I know there are 2 versions of the brakit!
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

My guess is that they would ship out the newer Brakits and probably don't have the older ones anymore.
The LP12 Whisperer