matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Linn Launch Event

Post by matthias »

Probably the first pure listening vid (no boring unboxing):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ySPeVyvWhI

Matt
Last edited by matthias on 2021-04-24 13:50, edited 1 time in total.
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
Peter@57m

Post by Peter@57m »

I haven’t been impressed with the look of the NG DSM but in that collection it’s almost beautiful.

I’m from the less is more design philosophy, that room is very much from the more is more camp ;-)
Very active member

Post by beck »

I am impressed...........

................................by the fact..........

.......that I can listen to this new streamer from Linn............

................and still smile while I listen to my well set up NAD C 542 cd player.................. :-)
Playing cd’s…………
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

I was listening to the video too and I think it sounds good/sometimes impressive. It was good but there have been also moments where I thought I have listend to videos in the Playground which are close to the performance with respect to musicality.
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

Defender wrote: 2021-04-22 05:57 I was listening to the video too and I think it sounds good/sometimes impressive. It was good but there have been also moments where I thought I have listend to videos in the Playground which are close to the performance with respect to musicality.
Having listened to video recordings of analog setups from the same dealer I am in no doubt that any well setup vinyl rig playing through an analog system will make me more happy...........
Playing cd’s…………
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

I know there are many things that influence the musicality of a digital system and so its really difficult to have an apple to apple/fair comparison. But I felt the same and its especially good to have it confirmed by you.
I am sure the system he used is more than 100.000Euro in total ... if I am not mistaken the loudspeakers being Magico.
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

I listened to it for about 10 seconds, then turned it off after realising that there far too many variables involved for the video to tell me anything meaningful about the Organik DS.
7Ryder

Post by 7Ryder »

These YouTube "listening" videos always crack me up - how is watching/listening to a video with lossy ACC audio streaming at 128 kbps on my system going to give me insight into how good that system sounds IRL? Answer: it isn't.

Chris
Robert Lake

Post by Robert Lake »

The Organik sounds awesome. I have listen to it many times now. And, it so much Linn. The tunedem quality is superb, you are immediately draw into the music and performance of the musicians. I have never heard this music before but am I impressed and not be sound of the the stereo. I just wanted to listen to this music again and again.

Listen to how that cello is played! I have not heard David Garret before and wondered if that was a Stradivarius. I was close he actually plays a Guadagnini. That female singer - what a voice and technique she has. Mutter - how she plays that violin. Just close your eyes and follow the tune. So easy for me to follow, so difficult to play. There many audiophile clips on YouTube even from the AVPlaza. Most leave my cold, some are interesting and nothing really moves me. It is clarity and power but poor tunedem quality, which makes it boring to listen to. reat job of Linn. I hope they can bring the technology down in price to something the rest of us can afford.
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Robert Lake wrote: 2021-04-22 19:06 The Organik sounds awesome. I have listen to it many times now. And, it so much Linn. The tunedem quality is superb, you are immediately draw into the music and performance of the musicians. I have never heard this music before but am I impressed and not be sound of the the stereo. I just wanted to listen to this music again and again.

Listen to how that cello is played! I have not heard David Garret before and wondered if that was a Stradivarius. I was close he actually plays a Guadagnini. That female singer - what a voice and technique she has. Mutter - how she plays that violin. Just close your eyes and follow the tune. So easy for me to follow, so difficult to play. There many audiophile clips on YouTube even from the AVPlaza. Most leave my cold, some are interesting and nothing really moves me. It is clarity and power but poor tunedem quality, which makes it boring to listen to. reat job of Linn. I hope they can bring the technology down in price to something the rest of us can afford.
I could not put it better into words :-)

Matt
Matt

beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

If anyone is curious enough you will be able to find a video from the same room using the same speakers playing some of the same tracks with a digital setup that makes the Linn sound confused......just saying.
Playing cd’s…………
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

beck wrote: 2021-04-22 21:40 If anyone is curious enough you will be able to find a video from the same room using the same speakers playing some of the same tracks with a digital setup that makes the Linn sound confused......just saying.
There is a certain, Swiss-like, Precision to the other setup ;)
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

beck wrote: 2021-04-22 21:40 If anyone is curious enough you will be able to find a video from the same room using the same speakers playing some of the same tracks with a digital setup that makes the Linn sound confused......just saying.
Come on beck,

be so brave and post the link here, so we can compare.

Thanks

Matt
Matt

matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

This one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiouA3USmUE

Matt
Matt

beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

You found it.

There are systems that can make us appreciate the music and systems that can produce splended timbre from the instruments....
and there are the few that do both. If this is one of them you can decide for yourself.

I will never consider using the amount of money involved here, neither regarding Linn newest digital offerings.
The musical enjoyment I get out of many low cost systems are far too great.
Playing cd’s…………
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

matthias wrote: 2021-04-22 23:09
This one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiouA3USmUE

Matt
This dealers clips remind me of everything I dislike about “high end” HiFi. This one lasted 5 seconds before I had to turn it off. The new Organik DS lasted 10 seconds, so I guess this makes the new DS twice as good 🤪
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Another new Klimax DSM review:

https://www.grammo.co.uk/klimaxreview
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
macrotech2
Very active member
Very active member

Post by macrotech2 »

There’s also another on Linn Wigwam. It sounds like an excellent improvement but it should be at that price.

I’m still happy I got an improvement of the same magnitude by swapping my KDS/3 for a box costing significantly less.
Källa/Sagatun Mono Tarandus/Tundra Mono 3/Avalon Idea Mk2
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

macrotech2 wrote: 2021-04-29 13:04 I’m still happy I got an improvement of the same magnitude by swapping my KDS/3 for a box costing significantly less.

Yes, I think it makes more sense to compare the NGKDSM to the competitors (like Vitus) than to the old KDSM.

Matt
Matt

Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

mrco99 wrote: 2021-04-29 12:27 Another new Klimax DSM review:

I find it a bit unnerving that one could easily replace “KDSM(2021)” with “Karousel” in the review. The “improvements” and challenges read remarkably similar! I genuinely hope this isn’t true.
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

Spannko wrote: 2021-04-29 20:53
mrco99 wrote: 2021-04-29 12:27 Another new Klimax DSM review:

I find it a bit unnerving that one could easily replace “KDSM(2021)” with “Karousel” in the review. The “improvements” and challenges read remarkably similar! I genuinely hope this isn’t true.
Unnerving? Or comforting that the musical improvements are going in the same direction?
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

I’m just hoping that Linn haven’t gone down the “impressive sound” route, like they appear to have done with the Karousel. The comment the reviewer made about the new KDSM sounding bright and unforgiving on some tracks rang alarm bells for me. Usually, a better component will reveal more of the music hidden in poor recordings rather than highlight the problems.