Brexit problems

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

Flatcoat

Brexit problems

Post by Flatcoat »

I have just sold my 4 yr old KRDS2 to somebody in Amsterdam for £2300 through the For Sale section. He has been asked to pay 197 euros in import duties !

So what happens when we import Lejonklou products to the UK. Will we have to pay import duties ? And what about the scenario where you send something back for upgrading which I dld last year ?
kampak

Re: Brexit problems

Post by kampak »

I know, that sucks.
Don‘t understand how Brexit will bring benefit in long term btw.
Returns for upgrades might get difficult or pricey, as long as there is no trained dealer nearby.
I hope the situation will get better... which way ever.
Linn-Lejonklou-Kudos
springwood64
Very active member
Very active member

Post by springwood64 »

Flatcoat wrote: 2021-02-17 09:51 Will we have to pay import duties ? And what about the scenario where you send something back for upgrading which I dld last year ?
I recall Boris wants us to send him the paper-work as he promised us frictionless trade in the brave new BrexitWorld. Maybe he'd like to pay the bills as well.
Pete

Linn Axis, Kinki, Källa (GS308T+Amplifi HD x 2 + BJC), Boazu, Espeks
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tendaberry »

Usually "repairs" are exempted from duties and VAT, so don't call it an upgrade, when you send them to Fredrik... But there's of course paperwork involved...
Robert Lake

Post by Robert Lake »

It is called "Outward processing" in English. If you export something to a country outside EU for repair, you don't have to pay import duties and VAT on the value of the machine when you import it back. However, the principle is that you need to pay VAT and all the other fees on the value added. If you send a machine to Linn to upgrade with a dynamic you have to pay VAT and fees o the newe Dynamic. If it also should include work I don't know.