Majik 109 Super tweeter issue - help needed

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

Ferdydurke

Majik 109 Super tweeter issue - help needed

Post by Ferdydurke »

Hola, hej & hello!

I'm afraid that one of the super tweeters of my Majik 109 has passed away (although couldn't tell exactly why and when). I use them in an activ configuration with 6100D, and changing channels, checking cables etc. always leeds to the same sad result. Checking the inside of the box I found no loose cables/connectors. As for the soldering of the 2K array I can't get a direct view of them as they are hidden behind the reflex tube and don't know how to strip it off; carefully touching the cables I found everything in place though. By now I have no answer from the Linn-helpline; for pandemic- and Brexit-reasons the nearest Linn dealer (I'm living in Madrid) declares himself sort of a "standby-dealer" not knowing wether he'll be able to stay in business with Linn.
Linn most probably will recommend that I send the speaker(s) back home to Scotland; Brexit inconveniences might turn the s-tweeter replacement into a rather protracted and costly affair...
The other reason why I'm sort of reluctant to follow that road is that I'm one of the happy users of an upgraded Majik 109:
https://www.lejonklou.com/forum/viewtop ... dification
and I don't know how the stuff at Linn reacts on that behalf - maybe they refuse to do any repair service on a modificated speaker right away.
So if anyone here knows how to get hold on a 2K array as spare part and wether there is an instruction manual to get the replacement done I'd be more than happy and thankful for any information.

Saludos de Madrid y cuidarse,
Christian
Kuzma TT | ZYX R100H | stst Agmen | AK/0 | ADS/0 | 6100D | Majik 109 | V200 & Audeze LCD2
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Majik 109 Super tweeter issue - help needed

Post by Charlie1 »

Have you tried the Linn Helpline and asking if they will ship a tweeter to another dealer within the EU?
Ferdydurke

Post by Ferdydurke »

Yes, I wrote an email yesterday but got no answer yet.

You seem to know that Linn ships 2K arrays as spare parts and let dealers do the fixing. That would mean there is a instruction at least for dealers?

Thanks,
Chris
Kuzma TT | ZYX R100H | stst Agmen | AK/0 | ADS/0 | 6100D | Majik 109 | V200 & Audeze LCD2
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Nope, it just seemed like a sensible first step.

However, assuming the task is not too difficult then I would hope they can provide that option to dealers.
Ferdydurke

Post by Ferdydurke »

Thank you, Charlie1,

and yes, someone of the Linn Forum in WAM told me this morning that there is actually an instruction for the replacement of 2K array on the dealer site, and Linn Helpline just wrote me that they will contact my nearest dealer to arrange the fixing without having to send the speakers back to Scotland, great! Just have to be patient...
Chris
Ferdydurke

Post by Ferdydurke »

Just to end this thread & to inform other Linn-customers in Spain:

After a short and frustrating contact with Ernesto from Armonia Audio, the (former?) Linn retailer in Madrid (he seemingly prefers to sell new stuff instead of repairing old one), Linn Helpline indicated me a Linn retailer near Barcelona, a very nice german guy by the way, who recommended to change all two arrays at once to keep the audio level equal in both cabinets. That's what I'll do...

Saludos
Ferdy