T Cable

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

Mikeg

T Cable

Post by Mikeg »

I currently use an Audio Origami tonearm cable and I am toying with the idea of changing it to a Linn cable. If so which one, T cable or Magik cable?

One of the reasons I have kept the Audio Origami is that it has BNC plugs so if I changed it I would need to use Phono/BNC adapters. I had the view that any adapter would be bad but I am wondering if that is still the case. If I do change the cable any suggestions on decent adapters?

My system is:
LP12, Karousel, Ittok, Adikt, Kore, Lingo 4, Trampolin - all correctly torqued as per ThomasOK
Naim 72 (with RSL boards), HiCap, 250
Naim SBL

Mike
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Re: T Cable

Post by V.A.MKD »

Hi Mike,

Linn T-Cable (Silver, for Akito tonearm) is optimum. All you have to do is to change RCA with BNC connector, but this operation give to ThomasOK, if you can ...
Music First ...
Vlado
Mikeg

Post by Mikeg »

Unfortunately I live in the UK and Thomas is in the US although I admit that would be the ideal.

I have looked for the Akito cable but only found the new T Cable and the Majik tonearm cable. Is it still available?

I
Mikeg

Post by Mikeg »

Actually I like the idea of having the standard RCA plugs as it would make a future change to Slipsik 7 easier
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tendaberry »

Mikeg wrote: 2020-11-12 11:58 I have looked for the Akito cable but only found the new T Cable and the Majik tonearm cable. Is it still available?
The Akito cable it still available, just ask your friendly Linn dealer.
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

Mikeg wrote: 2020-11-12 12:05 Actually I like the idea of having the standard RCA plugs as it would make a future change to Slipsik 7 easier
That will be optimum. I think Naim have RCA to BNC adapter, so switch from 72 to 7 will be easy ...
Music First ...
Vlado
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

Mikeg wrote: 2020-11-12 11:58 Unfortunately I live in the UK and Thomas is in the US although I admit that would be the ideal.

I have looked for the Akito cable but only found the new T Cable and the Majik tonearm cable. Is it still available?
Sorry, I don't know where you live ...
Music First ...
Vlado
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

grey T-cable is still available but through the spare parts list (Service) costs around 330,- Euro
sktn77a

Post by sktn77a »

There are quite a few T-Kables showing up in the marketplace as people get a Urika with their Ekos SE. Keep looking and score a bargain!
Keith
LP12, Ekos, VM760, Slipsik 7.1, NDX2, 252, 250, Aerial 5B, LS3/5a, Harbeth M30, Gallo TR3D
markiteight

Post by markiteight »

I have two factory Linn tonearm cables (not T-Kable) that are surplus to my needs. One is terminated in RCAs, the other with BNCs. PM me if you're interested in one, or both.
Mikeg

Post by Mikeg »

Thanks everyone. I placed the order order yesterday with my dealer for a silver T cable and naim adaptor.

I think the reason I had held off making the change is for many adaptors where considered a definite no no. However having read Ron the Mon's post on soldering I am beginning to think that factory soldered plugs into a decent adaptor is as good if not better than changing the plugs to BNC by a dealer or myself
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

Mikeg wrote: 2020-11-13 09:50 Thanks everyone. I placed the order order yesterday with my dealer for a silver T cable and naim adaptor.

I think the reason I had held off making the change is for many adaptors where considered a definite no no. However having read Ron the Mon's post on soldering I am beginning to think that factory soldered plugs into a decent adaptor is as good if not better than changing the plugs to BNC by a dealer or myself
Good decision, Naim also choose adapter with listening test ...
Music First ...
Vlado