Major Upgrade Lingo - Kore .- Ekos se

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

ROBIZ

Major Upgrade Lingo - Kore .- Ekos se

Post by ROBIZ »

I've got a Linn Lp12 Ekos II Lingo 1 original toenarm wood baseboard
Some friend of mine who is deep in the Lp12 question said me that at moment the major upgrade I could have over my system is to get a New Lingo2 . He told me that Lingo 1 indeed didn't work so well .....
What do you think ?
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Major Upgrade Lingo - Kore .- Ekos se

Post by Tendaberry »

First of all, there are no new Lingo 2's out there, that was a long time ago. The Lingo 1's are getting long in the tooth and would benefit from a re-cap. The best upgrade you could currently make is to get the new Karousel bearing (GBP 750,-), that would bring you more than a Lingo upgrade. After that, depending on your budget, I would recommend the Lingo 4 (skip Lingos 2 & 3) or a Radikal power supply, if you can afford that. A Trampolin 2 baseboard would most likely be an improvement for a small outlay, a bit depending on what your LP12 stands on.
ROBIZ

Post by ROBIZ »

Your're right , he told me to go for an old LINGO 2 much better than one , At that point I'll go for the Karousel and the new Lingo 4 .
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Tendaberry wrote: 2020-05-08 11:41 First of all, there are no new Lingo 2's out there, that was a long time ago. The Lingo 1's are getting long in the tooth and would benefit from a re-cap. The best upgrade you could currently make is to get the new Karousel bearing (GBP 750,-), that would bring you more than a Lingo upgrade. After that, depending on your budget, I would recommend the Lingo 4 (skip Lingos 2 & 3) or a Radikal power supply, if you can afford that. A Trampolin 2 baseboard would most likely be an improvement for a small outlay, a bit depending on what your LP12 stands on.
Yep, this is the same advice I would give. The only thing I'm not certain about is if the Karousel will work with an older, non-Cirkus, steel sub-chassis. You may need to upgrade to at least a Cirkus sub-chassis for it to fit properly.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.