New Karousel Vs TigerPawTranquillity

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

ROBIZ

New Karousel Vs TigerPawTranquillity

Post by ROBIZ »

Hi
I've got a Linn Sondek lp12 Lingo 1 EKOS II -
Last Year I purchased the Tiger Paw Tranquillity . At first I was a bit sceptic about the possible improvment that The Tiger Paw could make. Then I have to say that the improment was so clear that I redescovered my Lps collection . I'd like to buy the New Karousel but from the pictures my old Tiger Tranquillity seems no longer suitable with the new Karousel .
What should I do ? New karousel or older TigerPaw . Sorry for my little English
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Re: New Karousel Vs TigerPawTranquillity

Post by Tendaberry »

I have tried the Tranquility at home too, but didn't purchase it. Now I have the Karousel in my LP12 and it's a night and day difference, everything is just so much better. Definitely go for Karousel!
ROBIZ

Post by ROBIZ »

Ths Tandberry for your answer...
Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

I can only second Tendaberry, after a direct comparison between elsewise identical Akurate LP 12s at my dealer. Karousel is a 'must have' upgrade.

This was not that clear to me from the clips I heard. But the same was true for ARadikal vs KRadikal (which is a more subtle difference than the two bearings).
PC or LP12-Krsel-KRad/1-Keel-Ekos SE/1-Akiva-Urika II | KRDSM | KEB/2 | C6100/D | AV5140/038
Øyvind I

Post by Øyvind I »

I also tried the Tranquility at home and yes it was different, emphasizing on parts of the music. I did not buy it but know some have been sold.
The Karousell is a massive improvement and makes a new Majik LP12 play more musically involving than a ARadikal Klimax deck. A ground breaking improvement.
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

I have never heard the Tranquility, or tried one in my system. But since its introduction, I did hear a lot of opinions regarding the sound quality. It would be interesting to compare a Karousel bearing system with your combined Cirkus and Tranquility system.

However, the Karousel is vastly better than either of the previous Linn bearing systems. I didn't get a chance to hear the Karousel on my deck before purchasing, but was willing to take the chance. And as it turns out, it was one of my best turntable upgrades of all times. Going to the Cirkus from the original bearing system was impressive, but the Karousel is an even bigger improvement.

I'm guessing if you tried the new Karousel bearing system, you might just like it more than you imagined.

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Post by David Neel »

Tony Tune-age wrote: 2020-05-14 20:30 Going to the Cirkus from the original bearing system was impressive, but the Karousel is an even bigger improvement.

I'm guessing if you tried the new Karousel bearing system, you might just like it more than you imagined.

Cheers
+1

Now that I've had the Karousel for a few weeks, it's getting smoother and more lively. And the musical improvement from the start was stunning.
The search for knowledge is not nourished by certainty, but by a radical distrust in certainty
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

David Neel wrote: 2020-05-14 21:09
Tony Tune-age wrote: 2020-05-14 20:30 Going to the Cirkus from the original bearing system was impressive, but the Karousel is an even bigger improvement.

Cheers
+1

Now that I've had the Karousel for a few weeks, it's getting smoother and more lively. And the musical improvement from the start was stunning.
+2
+1
I did get a chance to hear a Tranquility that a customer purchased and had sent to me. I was not impressed nor was he and he returned it for a refund. It did make some differences, just not ones I felt served the music. The Karousel is in a totally different league in the musicality and information retrieval it brings to the table.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.