Recording Bass Guitar

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Recording Bass Guitar

Post by ThomasOK »

I thought I'd leave you with another one before I head out on vacation. Yes again from my favorite band King Crimson and one of the nest pieces of music they, or any prog rock band for that matter, ever did. The track is "Starless" from the album "Red" and is 12 and a half minutes long. If you want to hear a really cool bass riff and go right to the instrumental section you can start in at 4:27. You will also hear what many musicians feel is the final nail in the coffin of progressive rock wherein Robert Fripp killed all the guitarists seeing how many notes they could play by playing one of the most powerful and intense pieces mostly with one note! I think of it as a musical primal scream. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfR6_V91fG8
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Math

Re: Recording Bass Guitar

Post by Math »

ThomasOK wrote: 2020-08-07 23:58 I thought I'd leave you with another one before I head out on vacation. Yes again from my favorite band King Crimson and one of the nest pieces of music they, or any prog rock band for that matter, ever did. The track is "Starless" from the album "Red" and is 12 and a half minutes long. If you want to hear a really cool bass riff and go right to the instrumental section you can start in at 4:27. You will also hear what many musicians feel is the final nail in the coffin of progressive rock wherein Robert Fripp killed all the guitarists seeing how many notes they could play by playing one of the most powerful and intense pieces mostly with one note! I think of it as a musical primal scream. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfR6_V91fG8
A nice build-up in the instrumental part, especially by the drummer. I love things like that.