ATC SCM11 with Boazu?

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

Cobra Dave

ATC SCM11 with Boazu?

Post by Cobra Dave »

Hello,
Has anyone tried ATC SCM11 with Boazu?

I went from small Elac bookshelf speakers to Linn 109 and found it as a really good upgrade. 109 play more confident.
But I want more. I am looking for more body and power, and I think that the bigger volume of the ATC cabinets can give this? They are placed in a bookshelft close to wall, so I think that the closed cabinet is a must?

The heights of the SCM 11 (38 cm) are the maximum height I can fit.

All best!
LP12/Lingo2/Akito 3B/Adikt3/Gaio 2.4/Boazu 1.1/Harbeth P3ESR XD + REL T5i
AlbannachFE

Re: ATC SCM11 with Boazu?

Post by AlbannachFE »

Cobra Dave wrote: 2020-02-17 09:27 Hello,
Has anyone tried ATC SCM11 with Boazu?

I went from small Elac bookshelf speakers to Linn 109 and found it as a really good upgrade. 109 play more confident.
But I want more. I am looking for more body and power, and I think that the bigger volume of the ATC cabinets can give this? They are placed in a bookshelft close to wall, so I think that the closed cabinet is a must?

The heights of the SCM 11 (38 cm) are the maximum height I can fit.

All best!
While I've no experience of Lejonklou (no dealers in Scotland, AFAIK), I have tired the ATC SCM11 v2 with Olive Naim, and they are not, to my ears, particularly musical speakers - very much clean, detailed, impressive Hi-Fi, but not very musically engaging, IMO. They do seem to be raved about, so I am, it seems, in the minority view in this regard.

Also, they are designed for free-space use, although being sealed boxes, seem quite tolerant of close(ish) to wall placement.
Cobra Dave

Post by Cobra Dave »

I tried them at home, and even with the sealed box construction they didn't work close to wall at all!
Took just a couple of minutes to realize that JERN-speakers works a lot better in a bookshelf/close to wall.

I have recently however upgraded to Harbeth P3ESR XD, and with my (wife's) requirement that the speakers must fit in the bookshelf I must say that they are the best sounding speakers I have ever heard.
LP12/Lingo2/Akito 3B/Adikt3/Gaio 2.4/Boazu 1.1/Harbeth P3ESR XD + REL T5i
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Cobra Dave wrote: 2021-12-30 14:26 I tried them at home, and even with the sealed box construction they didn't work close to wall at all!
Took just a couple of minutes to realize that JERN-speakers works a lot better in a bookshelf/close to wall.

I have recently however upgraded to Harbeth P3ESR XD, and with my (wife's) requirement that the speakers must fit in the bookshelf I must say that they are the best sounding speakers I have ever heard.
Congratulations! As we know from other posts the Boazu and Harbeths tend to work quite well together. It looks like you ended up with a quite nice setup.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.