We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

anthony
Very active member
Very active member

Silver analogue interconnect

Post by anthony »

Anyone tried the mk2 version.
My kdsm tundra and 242 were sounding particularly good last night.
Having owned 8 solos and aktiv 350 in the past, I'm still amazed by the musicality of the 242 tundra system and that's not bad after 50 years of listening to hi fi.
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Silver analogue interconnect

Post by Tendaberry »

How can you identify the Mk 2 version? I assume you don't mean slitted/non-slitted plugs?
anthony
Very active member
Very active member

Post by anthony »

Tendaberry wrote: 2020-01-16 13:56 How can you identify the Mk 2 version? I assume you don't mean slitted/non-slitted plugs?
It says analogue interconnect 11 on the cable.
Last edited by anthony on 2020-01-17 08:09, edited 1 time in total.
u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz »

anthony wrote: 2020-01-16 12:04
Having owned 8 solos and aktiv 350 in the past, I'm still amazed by the musicality of the 242 tundra system and that's not bad after 50 years of listening to hi fi.
I would second that.

Tundra and 242s with a good source and preamp sound great.

I have never been tempted to change my Tundra/ Sagatun/242 combination - my energies ( and money) are now directed at only the items upstream.

If I had to go for all Linn - it would be a KK with a couple of solos with the 242s .
Kalla/Sag M/Tun M3/242/LP12/Slip7

Kalla/Giella Pi/JBL308/RS2e

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

No, I haven't seen any of those yet. It should be interesting.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

anthony wrote: 2020-01-16 14:13
It says analogue 11 on the cable.
Rather than "analogue interconnect"?
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
anthony
Very active member
Very active member

Post by anthony »

Updated! It reads analogue interconnect 11
Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

Nice cliffhanger :-)
Did anyone do a comparison as yet? For the record: I replaced all my blacks by pre-owned silvers with the 'old' plugs about one year ago ...
PC or LP12-Krsel-KRad/1-Keel-Ekos SE/1-Akiva-Urika II | KRDSM | KEB/2 | C6100/D | AV5140/038
Ianw

Post by Ianw »

u252agz wrote: 2020-01-16 18:08
anthony wrote: 2020-01-16 12:04
I would second that.

Tundra and 242s with a good source and preamp sound great.

I have never been tempted to change my Tundra/ Sagatun/242 combination - my energies ( and money) are now directed at only the items upstream.

If I had to go for all Linn - it would be a KK with a couple of solos with the 242s .
I’m running 242mk 2 off the end of Dynamik Solos and a KDSM/2 KAT which replaced my much loved Dynamik KK.

Record spinning duties by a Klimax LP12 and Klimax Radikal.
The ‘speakers are very sensitive to positioning. Torquing the bass drivers with a Sturtevant torque driver made a significant improvement.

It’s all I need for my room.
Cheers

Ian
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

I just received some clips of the second versus third generation of unbalanced Linn Silver Analogue Interconnects. The third is the latest type that says 'Analogue Interconnect II' on the cable.

Although the difference didn't seem massive, the third version felt more intimate and musical.

I'm getting a pair!
donuk
Very active member
Very active member

Post by donuk »

I use some silvers which must be 8 years old.
Recently I unplugged one while the amplifier was still on and heard some hum from a speaker.
After investigation I found that the screening wire on one of the plugs had disconnected. A dry joint from new!

Quickly got the soldering iron out and fixed it.

It didn’t sound any different to my ears. But worth everyone checking their silvers.......

Donuk.
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

got my new pair of Linn Silver Analogue Interconnect II‘s today and have to say they are nice and musical right out of the box
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

Defender wrote: 2020-06-10 16:33 got my new pair of Linn Silver Analogue Interconnect II‘s today and have to say they are nice and musical right out of the box
Lucky you Defender, sounds gooood out of box, it will be even better after 200 - 300h.
Where did you connect it, close to the source?
Music First ...
Vlado
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

sure - its as close to the source as possible and since my Ekos II is still at repair at Linn I can run it in 24/7 with my Akurate DS connected to the Sagatun before it will connect the Entity later ;)
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

I forgot about this thread, but you have probably seen and heard my clips on the playground with the Interconnect IIs. I did another quick A/B at home this weekend and found I liked the old Silvers better at this point but they are still burning in. I have them currently running 24/7 from my Kremlin to a Sagatun. I won't be able to do more clips for a while as my Sagatun Monos are out on loan for review so I'm running with a Sagatun stereo, which is also still burning in.

Once I have the SMs back I will also have three pair of Sliver IIs that are fully burned in. At that point I will be able to pick the best sounding two wires out of the six to put up against the original Silvers. My hope is that this will be a more fair comparison with my selected pair of originals. We shall see.
The LP12 Whisperer
Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

I'm still on the 1st generation of unbalanced Silver Interconnects (with the non-slitted plugs) to connect my Chakra to the Exaktbox. Hopefully Thomas finds they sound OK ;-)
I'm not sure, whether there are different versions of the balanced Silvers? The ones I've got (between Uphorik and KRDSM) have plasticish plugs, rather than heavy metal.
PC or LP12-Krsel-KRad/1-Keel-Ekos SE/1-Akiva-Urika II | KRDSM | KEB/2 | C6100/D | AV5140/038
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

yes I did hear your clips Thomas and already liked the new Linn Silvers better - I only have one old pair of Linn Silvers so I really have no benchmark but I think my new Linn Silver has already surpassed my old pair of Linn Silvers
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Still burning them in. Since my Sagatun Monos are out right now it will be a while before I do the next clips.

There are a few versions of the Linn Balanced Silver interconnects. I have seen three different XLR plugs used over time. I haven't compared them as I don't use balanced in my system so I don't know which plugs are best. The most recent versions I have seen use Neutrik XLRs.
The LP12 Whisperer
fatjulio

Post by fatjulio »

Are there any more impressions of the new silvers?
FairPlayMotty
Very active member
Very active member

Post by FairPlayMotty »

No new experience. The original versions seem like money well spent 20+ years later.

Changing my two LK140s to daisy change produced a noticeable improvement.
Everything is a remix: Copy, Transform, Combine.
Whatsmynaim

Post by Whatsmynaim »

From my own experience I think the new silver is totally worth getting if the best sounding cable you own right now is the 2nd generation silver.

Edit: ..but of course what's interesting is how the new silver with many hundreds of hours of use compares to the original silver.
Maybe someone can do a follow up in a few months and check that.
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

Hi Thomas,
did you have a chance meanwhile to make your mind up with respect to the new
Silver Analogue Interconnect II‘s?
I like my new Interconnect II over the version before with the slotted RCA plugs and the one with the non slotted plugs but I have not much variety to compare to.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

No, I still haven't had a chance to do those comparisons. My personal Sagatun Monos were on loan to a reviewer which stretched out a bit more than originally expected and three sets of Silver Interconnects went with them. This included two new Mk II pair and one of my better non slotted pair. These all just arrived back and will get hooked back up sometime soon. Then I'm still awaiting the return of my Ekos SE/1 from repair so that my system can get back to where I want it. Once that happens I can do more thorough cable comparisons and some other things I have in mind. So hopefully not too long off.
The LP12 Whisperer