Krystal Suspension

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Krystal Suspension

Post by Charlie1 »

Goldring make the Adikt and Krystal. Lyra make the Kandid.

I heard that Linn do not allow Goldring to rebuild in-life cartridges but this was a repair so perhaps different. Or perhaps you were also lucky :)
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

maybe I should than better delete my post ;)
the issue is with brexit now you can add up to 30% tax/toll not only on the invoice but also on shipment
Discodave
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Discodave »

Charlie1 wrote: 2021-03-08 20:38 It was fine in the end. I just had a bit of a panic cos it seemed to ride so low. I never had any actual problem with it.

I'm getting a new one fitted atm cos I stupidly broke that one. Fortunately the home contents insurance covered it.
Without trying to bring on any associated PTSD how did you break your pickup? I only ask for knowledge on risk avoidance.

Also did you see a hike in premiums after home insurance claim? Useful info for all vinyl lovers me thinks.

I too have the AT doobie. Love it. Found one on ebay after a more learned friend introduced me.
LP12, Lingo 3, Cirkus/Kore, Tramp 2, Basik Plus Ania, Linto
Majik Ds, Kisto, Tundra 2.0, Majik 109
Lego
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Lego »

Defender wrote: 2021-03-08 21:29 you have been lucky than - I think in Germany this insurance would not cover self-caused accidents.

I was in touch with Goldring and they completely rebuild the Krystal for 450,-GBP plus VAT.
They state it would be as new after the rebuild.
I was not sure if they built the Krystal for Linn or if Lyra does it but Goldring said they are the genuine supplier.
Do you not have accidental cover in Germany !?
I know that tune
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Discodave wrote: 2021-03-11 22:09 Without trying to bring on any associated PTSD how did you break your pickup? I only ask for knowledge on risk avoidance.

Also did you see a hike in premiums after home insurance claim? Useful info for all vinyl lovers me thinks.
I was boxing it up and stupidly didn't bother fitting the stylus guard. The deck wasn't sat quite right in the box and when it lifted it out again, one of the cables slid across the surface of the deck and caught the stylus on its way. So stupid but there we go.

Yep, premium has gone up about 20%. They usually try and whack it up each year anyway so it's hard to know the exact impact of losing the no-claims discount. I didn't argue it though. Besides, I get a £1,200 new cart that's not been paid for out of my HiFi account ;)

There were no quibbles with the claim itself and the service was good.
Discodave
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Discodave »

Ahhh one of those things and unfortunately with pickups accidents do happen. I was leaving my own TT in last week and remembered your response so hunted about the storage room before retrieving the guard :)
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

after not using the stylus guard for a year on the Arkiv B because I had none fore it the most important learning is ... use the stylus guard
Discodave
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Discodave »

I always used it religiously until I got the Rega Anai. The guard is so precarious to put on the stylus is more likely to break. Which is ironic.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

I find the Adikt one a bit if a mare. Prior to this I recall thinking, 'not sure this is worth it, I'm gonna break something at this rate', maybe it was just a bit stiff using it the first time. Certainly gets the heart rate up.
springwood64
Very active member
Very active member

Post by springwood64 »

I've broken 2 ATVM95 styli fitting the guard. I now don't use it
Pete

Linn Axis, Kinki, Källa (GS308T+Amplifi HD x 2 + BJC), Boazu, Espeks
Lego
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Lego »

Charlie1 wrote: 2021-03-12 13:49
Discodave wrote: 2021-03-11 22:09 Without trying to bring on any associated PTSD how did you break your pickup? I only ask for knowledge on risk avoidance.

I was boxing it up and stupidly didn't bother fitting the stylus guard. The deck wasn't sat quite right in the box and when it lifted it out again, one of the cables slid across the surface of the deck and caught the stylus on its way. So stupid but there we go.

Yep, premium has gone up about 20%. They usually try and whack it up each year anyway so it's hard to know the exact impact of losing the no-claims discount. I didn't argue it though. Besides, I get a £1,200 new cart that's not been paid for out of my HiFi account ;)

There were no quibbles with the claim itself and the service was good.
Time to change your insurance provider
I know that tune
Lego
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Lego »

I just use sellotape , doesn't so much protect it but just reminds you there's a stylus
I know that tune
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Lego wrote: 2021-03-15 08:40 Time to change your insurance provider
I'll see what the score is next year. We are quite limited. The house has never flooded (nor have any houses in the village AFAIK) but we're right on the edge of a large flood plain and most insurers won't touch us.
Lego
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Lego »

Charlie1 wrote: 2021-03-15 08:43
Lego wrote: 2021-03-15 08:40 Time to change your insurance provider
I'll see what the score is next year. We are quite limited. The house has never flooded (nor have any houses in the village AFAIK) but we're right on the edge of a large flood plain and most insurers won't touch us.
Stick with the devil you know 😁
I know that tune