Ethernet regenerator

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Ethernet regenerator

Post by matthias »

donuk wrote: 2020-02-01 14:08 Forgive me if you have noticed it already, but my recent thread about the Melco S100 could, I suppose, have gone in this thread. But if you have not read it, do, because it all adds to our body of knowledge.....
I have seen it, thanks.
Switches are hip at the moment but I am not very interested in these, I like going WiFi.......

Matt
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

Matthias,

What WiFi components do you use to connect your renderer to your music source? Have you compared this with a wired GS108T?
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Spannko wrote: 2020-02-01 17:26 What WiFi components do you use to connect your renderer to your music source? Have you compared this with a wired GS108T?
Spannko,
it is a very minimalist set-up.
The ISP(150Mbps) cable wifi modem is in the utility room in the basement. A MBP from mid 2010 (which will be replaced this year) is on the first floor with the rest of my set-up and receives Qobuz via wifi. The output is via USB to the Khadas Tone Board>>>Linn Silver IC>>>Exposure pre>>>Linn Silver IC>>>Exposure power>>>JBL3677. No stored music in a NAS, only streaming from Qobuz. Because of the distance between the ISP modem in the UR and my system on different floors I did not try a wired connection. There are no issues with Qobuz up to 24/192, sounding very good.

Matt
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677