Ekos SE finally!!

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

bonzo
Very active member
Very active member

Ekos SE finally!!

Post by bonzo »

Ive finally had the opportunity to get an Ekos SE1 installed last week. Ive never upgraded a tonearm by itself, and honestly.. i wasnt sure if this would be worth it.. I mean-there are no electrical parts to benefit from upgrade.. its simply a few pieces of material put together that move quietly due to bearings. Upon first listen, its clear that this is a source upgrade, however nowhere near first injtial impression of other upgrades such as going to KK, Tundra mono amps. This is however a wonderful upgrade.. simply pulling more tuneful music from the record grooves. Ot truly feels as if this was the “missing piece” amongst SE upgrades. Not an “in your face” improvement.. more laid back but way more musical as well as more music (i feel like im actually hearing more notes of music than before). Ok, back to listening.. :)
lp12, Keel, K Radikal, Urika, EkosSe/1 Kandid KK1/D, JBL 708p
Linn Pekin
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Ekos SE finally!!

Post by Tendaberry »

Congrats on a very nice upgrade! That's going to be my next upgrade as well.
PS. You need to change your signature...
Ianw

Post by Ianw »

Congratulations, it’s a great ‘arm.

Similar to yourself, I went from Ekos 2 to Ekos SE with no other changes.

I found it to be a significant upgrade, it seemed to do that common theme of reducing noise you never knew was there. This seems to resolve more information, presumably from the more rigid materials, bearing mountings and bearings themselves.

I found, after living with it for a couple of weeks, it’s big on the musical delivery. What I would call a “slow burner” upgrade rather than an in your face thing, just as you stated.

Anyway, enjoy.

Ian
bonzo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by bonzo »

Thanks everyone! Great to share similar feelings/results amongst fellow forum members. After more listening, while i still feel its not an “in your face” result.. it Definitely is quite noticeable on each track of every album ive played.. seeing as i had my previous arm over 10 years.. assuming i keep this for another 10.. it breaks down to less than $50/month for the 10 years. Back to listening to Guns ‘n Roses appetite for destruction (oh to be in high school again..)
Thanks again everyone and rock on!
lp12, Keel, K Radikal, Urika, EkosSe/1 Kandid KK1/D, JBL 708p
Linn Pekin