Symptom of lp12 out of level

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

bonzo
Very active member
Very active member

Symptom of lp12 out of level

Post by bonzo »

I’ve been meaning to ask the group this question. Let’s say my lp 12 is not level. Checking with multiple spirit levels, the left side of the deck needs to be higher than it is. So.. what does an out of level lp12 sound like vs. on level? Next ? Is when leveling, my table sits on quadraspire wall mount and I have trampoline 2. Sooo do I level the shelf, the trampoline feet..
as always thanks for your time everyone.
Jon
lp12, Keel, K Radikal, Urika, EkosSe/1 Kandid KK1/D, JBL 708p
Linn Pekin
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Symptom of lp12 out of level

Post by lejonklou »

Hi bonzo!

Always keep your Trampolin feet screwed all the way in. Don't overtighten, as they can break.

Adjust the wall shelf until the plinth (or top plate, as sometimes the plinth is a little warped) is level.

The platter should be level with the top plate when the suspension of the LP12 is properly adjusted.
bonzo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by bonzo »

I thank you very much for your quick response. May I ask what does a table that is not level sound like?
lp12, Keel, K Radikal, Urika, EkosSe/1 Kandid KK1/D, JBL 708p
Linn Pekin
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

A little worse.

Actually it was a good while since I made a proper comparison. But I have many times screwed in the feet of Trampolin and adjusted the shelf until the LP12 has been level and it's always sounded a bit more stable and "right" afterwards.