Good Tidings of Great Joy to All People

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

beck
Very active member
Very active member

Good Tidings of Great Joy to All People

Post by beck »

I am now in a position where every single record in my collection through my system brings me music regardless of how they have been recorded!

Still sounding different they all bring me in a state of joy when listening. The few records I have avoided in the past all just play music now.

This just to say that regardless of what you at present think about your records you should take care of them all. Something I have to keep reminding myself.

The only way my listening plessure can be spoiled now is by listening to bad playing from the musicians! :-)

This also brings me to a point where I have to say that many of my thoughts about recorded music in the past have been wrong.

But some things I got right. Musicians never record something that they think sound “dull” and not engaging. Only if they want it to sound that way!

Keep that foot tapping and that head nodding..........
Playing cd’s…………
Discodave
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Good Tidings of Great Joy to All People

Post by Discodave »

Has this come about because a) you have recently cleaned all records with a high end cleaning machine or b) you have recently made upgrades to your kit?

Cheers
C
LP12, Lingo 3, Cirkus/Kore, Tramp 2, Basik Plus Ania, Linto
Majik Ds, Kisto, Tundra 2.0, Majik 109
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

A long road of not planned decisions about what equipment to use and a long road of trial and error regarding setup.

Luck has played a bigger part than I like to admit! :-)
Playing cd’s…………
jewa

Post by jewa »

Yeah, but luck is no coincidence, especially for members of this forum!

Have a Great Midsummer!

/jrr
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

jewa wrote: 2019-06-21 12:57
Yeah, but luck is no coincidence, especially for members of this forum!

Have a Great Midsummer!

/jrr
Thank you jewa and to you too!

Just been to my local record shop buying records. What a joy to sit here at home listening.... :-)
Playing cd’s…………
Discodave
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Discodave »

cheers for reply
LP12, Lingo 3, Cirkus/Kore, Tramp 2, Basik Plus Ania, Linto
Majik Ds, Kisto, Tundra 2.0, Majik 109
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

That's good news indeed! It's really what this is all about. It is not that you are homogenizing all the music (as some systems tend to do) but retrieving enough music in a balanced enough way that you can appreciate what the albums are all about. You can still easily tell a really well made album from a less well made one, but all of them can give enjoyment. Exactly where you want to be. Congrats!
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

ThomasOK wrote: 2019-06-22 18:51 That's good news indeed! It's really what this is all about. It is not that you are homogenizing all the music (as some systems tend to do) but retrieving enough music in a balanced enough way that you can appreciate what the albums are all about. You can still easily tell a really well made album from a less well made one, but all of them can give enjoyment. Exactly where you want to be. Congrats!
Spot on Thomas .............. and thank you!
Playing cd’s…………
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Great news beck!
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

Sitting here listening to “Lessons in Love” by Level 42 bought for £2 unused :-) I am thinking back more than 10 years.

I had reached a point where I did not want the trouble of putting up my turntable shelf on the wall in my new study so I just placed my Sondek on top of my homebuilt stand.

Then the trouble started. It gave me deep bass I had never had before but totally out of tune. A long road of trying whatever I could find to put between the turntable and the heavy top shelf of my stand had started.

The rest of the history some of you have followed on this forum. A series of small improvements with equipment and setup has lead me to my present situation.

Ivor has stated that people do not trust their own ears pointing towards the clash between music lovers (like himself) and audiophiles creating a lot of confusion and letting the industry push new equipment down the throat of confused consumers.

If it was a simple task to get better and better sound without ruining the music it would all be a lot easier.

It is not that easy!

Sadly there are no simple answers. All we can do is to share our findings and keep trusting our own ears............
Playing cd’s…………