Ethernet Cable Bake-off

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Ethernet Cable Bake-off

Post by David Neel »

lejonklou wrote: 2019-06-15 11:38 Do you have a Blue Jeans Cable to throw into the mix?
He did have...
The search for knowledge is not nourished by certainty, but by a radical distrust in certainty
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

David Neel wrote: 2019-06-16 17:16
lejonklou wrote: 2019-06-15 11:38 Do you have a Blue Jeans Cable to throw into the mix?
He did have...
Yes, unfortunately I no longer have one, but if someone wants to loan me one, I’ll compare it against the Meicord :-)
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

I assume your conclusion was that it was musically worse than the Meicord?

If so, was this done before you accidentally installed a cable the wrong way and started looking for what was wrong with the system?

Please note that I'm not trying to defend any particular cable, I am only interested in finding the best one, regardless of brand, length, etc.
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Post by David Neel »

Spannko wrote: 2019-06-16 20:32
David Neel wrote: 2019-06-16 17:16
He did have...
Yes, unfortunately I no longer have one, but if someone wants to loan me one, I’ll compare it against the Meicord :-)
I'll send one back.
The search for knowledge is not nourished by certainty, but by a radical distrust in certainty
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

lejonklou wrote: 2019-06-16 21:13 I assume your conclusion was that it was musically worse than the Meicord?

If so, was this done before you accidentally installed a cable the wrong way and started looking for what was wrong with the system?

Please note that I'm not trying to defend any particular cable, I am only interested in finding the best one, regardless of brand, length, etc.
At the time, I didn’t feel the BJ cable worked as well, and I don’t think there was a problem with the cabling of my system at the time either. But tbh, it’s all getting a bit confusing atm. Getting the cables the right way round has helped, but it has not completely sorted the problem out. I’ve got a serious case of ‘tuneitis’ which has left the system really struggling to play a tune. I’ve been messing with speaker placement today, which hasn’t really helped much. Tomorrow I’m going to try reloading the DS firmware. Hopefully, it’s nothing serious.