7 skeets..?

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

bonzo
Very active member
Very active member

7 skeets..?

Post by bonzo »

Could anyone suggest how I can go about getting a single skeet. I have 7 which renders them of no use. If not, then I’d be willing to help someone out if that was in a similar position. No sense in to form members not being able to utilize their skeets.
Jon
lp12, Keel, K Radikal, Urika, EkosSe/1 Kandid KK1/D, JBL 708p
Linn Pekin
donuk
Very active member
Very active member

Re: 7 skeets..?

Post by donuk »

Use a pile of coins to make up the 8th position. I bet you never hear the difference.

And just think, somewhere in the universe there must be a hifi enthusiast who is listening to their system using only one skeet.

Donuk beautiful downtown York
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

I would also try the Linn Helpline.
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

zahn-hifi.de is advertising them with a price of 10.38€ per piece on their website you can try if they send it to your country
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

check your loudspeakers mine have the option to use them with 4 but also just with 3 spikes per loudspeaker
Briain

Post by Briain »

Hi

I do have a spare one, but sorry, despite hunting for it I cannot [yet] recall what I used it for (likely it was just the right size to temporarily wedge/space/weight something, but unfortunately, I just cannot recall what that 'something' was) though I will contact you if I do locate it.

I suspect that a dealer might be able to buy a single Skeet from Linn, so it probably is worth asking the question. Like you, I have 7 Skeets and currently I'm using 6 of them (4 sit atop rubber bungs, onto which the rubber feet of my Genelec 8010 TV speaker sits - this stops it pumping too much energy into my patio door sill - and the other two of them are used for something [non-audio] which I designed with their use in mind) so as per the first line, I have been looking for the spare one, but it has not yet surfaced. If it does, I will post back to let you know that it's available, but thus far, it seems to be in 'full stealth mode'.

Bri