Levelling with Trampolin 2

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

HernyB

Levelling with Trampolin 2

Post by HernyB »

Hello!
This is a question for all Linn LP12 users:
Is it possible to adjust the height of a feet on a Trampolin 2 board? My HIFI rack/shelf is slightly hanging over at the front because of a wooden floor. I would need the LP12 to stand 10mm higher in the front than in the back of the shelf. My LP12 is equipped with a standard baseboard. I was wondering if this could be possible with a Trampolin 2.
Thank you for your help!
LP12, Keel, ARad.2, Ekos SE/1, Krystal, Blue 42, Icon 4 Pro, Pass Labs XA25, Tannoy Stirling SE
anachronid

Re: Levelling with Trampolin 2

Post by anachronid »

Yes - simples: screw clockwise to lower, counter-clockwise to raise each foot
Linn Klimax LP12 (Urika II), Linn KEDSM, Exakt Akubariks
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

I wouldn't recommend adjusting the height of Trampolin feet. They sound best screwed in. It's much better to adjust the table/shelf/rack so that it sits level.

I have even compared having the LP12 standing at an angle with Trampolin feet screwed in, versus making it level with around 4 turns of the two front Trampolin feet screwed out. It was better with the feet screwed in.
HernyB

Post by HernyB »

Thank you for your replies! I will try to level the rack first.
LP12, Keel, ARad.2, Ekos SE/1, Krystal, Blue 42, Icon 4 Pro, Pass Labs XA25, Tannoy Stirling SE
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

I agree with Fredrik that the Trampolin is best with the feet screwed all the way up. When leveling the rack you also need to be aware that you might not want the rack perfectly level. The reason for this is that many LP12s, especially ones with a heavy-ish arm like the Ekos SE, will sit a little low in the back due to the arms weight. The compliant Trampolin feet allow it to sit a little lower in that corner due to the uneven distribution of weight. So the best bet is to put the level on the platter, and then adjust the rack so that the platter is level. This will often result in a rack that is a touch off level but the LP12 will be level, which is the most crucial part.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

ThomasOK wrote: 2018-12-04 21:48 I agree with Fredrik that the Trampolin is best with the feet screwed all the way up. When leveling the rack you also need to be aware that you might not want the rack perfectly level. The reason for this is that many LP12s, especially ones with a heavy-ish arm like the Ekos SE, will sit a little low in the back due to the arms weight. The compliant Trampolin feet allow it to sit a little lower in that corner due to the uneven distribution of weight. So the best bet is to put the level on the platter, and then adjust the rack so that the platter is level. This will often result in a rack that is a touch off level but the LP12 will be level, which is the most crucial part.
Great advice. Thanks!
anachronid

Post by anachronid »

Not so simple as I thought then - you live and learn!
Linn Klimax LP12 (Urika II), Linn KEDSM, Exakt Akubariks