KDSM/2 advice

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

pidge22
Very active member
Very active member

KDSM/2 advice

Post by pidge22 »

So bloody annoying Linn forums being down as these kind of things I would always use that as a reference....can someone advise how I would configure the balanced inputs as unbalanced for my phono stage rca outputs..
I did turn the input transformers off and it sounded awfull.

Also the unity gain option again would this be on or off (Default)..finally there is an option for input level (Vmrs) the options are 2,4 (default) or 8 ..

Appreciate any advice again would normally go to Linn forums for this kind of stuff...

thanks
KDSM2,Klimax Solo's/1,Lp12,Keel,Radikal/1,Aro,Kandid,Tron Seven,Akurate 242's
timster

Re: KDSM/2 advice

Post by timster »

Definitely NOT Unity Gain!

There are adapters for rca to xlr. I think Linn can provide them too (worth giving them a call).

The input level is dependent on the source output level, so the phono stage in this case. TBH, all I can detect from it is a slight change in gain so it probably doesn't really matter a great deal.
AEDSM (AKA ASH) -> AEBox10 -> M6100 + M2100 -> M140 + REL T5
pidge22
Very active member
Very active member

Post by pidge22 »

timster wrote:Definitely NOT Unity Gain!

There are adapters for rca to xlr. I think Linn can provide them too (worth giving them a call).

The input level is dependent on the source output level, so the phono stage in this case. TBH, all I can detect from it is a slight change in gain so it probably doesn't really matter a great deal.
Thanks for the feedback ...I have the adaptors so just wanted some advioce re the other settings and as you said definitely not unity gain!
timster

Post by timster »

Kool. You may want to read this re. rca to xlr: https://www.chord.co.uk/xlr-vs-rca/
AEDSM (AKA ASH) -> AEBox10 -> M6100 + M2100 -> M140 + REL T5
pidge22
Very active member
Very active member

Post by pidge22 »

timster wrote:Kool. You may want to read this re. rca to xlr: https://www.chord.co.uk/xlr-vs-rca/
thanks for that info..