Upgrading Linn DS units

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

Turnip

Re: Upgrading Linn DS units

Post by Turnip »

u252agz wrote:I only guessing, but in the future I suspect that Linn would hope that those wanting the best streamer for 'analogue out' , go for the KDSM and switch off its DVC- something one can do with the current KDSM/katalyst.

Once KDSM Katalyst KDSM/2 is out it is likely to be better than KDS/Katalyst/1, much in the same way as the current KDSM/Katalyst is currently better than my KDS/2.

By doing this, all Research Development and perhaps Tooling costs, can be used for the single motherboard and going forward this will maybe save Linn money: as long as those wanting analogue out don't switch loyalties to companies like dCS - that's the risk.
Ignore.
Last edited by Turnip on 2018-10-02 13:39, edited 1 time in total.
timster

Post by timster »

Turnip wrote:
u252agz wrote:I only guessing, but in the future I suspect that Linn would hope that those wanting the best streamer for 'analogue out' , go for the KDSM and switch off its DVC- something one can do with the current KDSM/katalyst.

Once KDSM Katalyst KDSM/2 is out it is likely to be better than KDS/Katalyst/1, much in the same way as the current KDSM/Katalyst is currently better than my KDS/2.

By doing this, all Research Development and perhaps Tooling costs, can be used for the single motherboard and going forward this will maybe save Linn money: as long as those wanting analogue out don't switch loyalties to companies like dCS - that's the risk.
I thought KDSM with Kat was the current spec? Otherwise my DS to DSM u/grade was a bit wasted last month.
Yup - KDSM/2 is current spec w/ Kat.
KDS/3 is the current (and last) spec w/Kat.
The KDSM is one number behind because the KDS had a board upgrade to /1.
AEDSM (AKA ASH) -> AEBox10 -> M6100 + M2100 -> M140 + REL T5
u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz »

Turnip wrote:

Ignore.
Agreed - ignore above post which has been edited, and if the amended version is still confusing, I will just delete it.

Apologies
Kalla/Sag M/Tun M3/242/LP12/Slip7

Kalla/Giella Pi/JBL308/RS2e

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Music Lover wrote: Modules decrease performance, so I hope Linn not going to use that in the Klimax range.
Agree,
but have you seen how messy the inside of KDSM looks in comparison to KDS?

Matt
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677