How can I audition Klangedangs in the US?

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

bonzo
Very active member
Very active member

How can I audition Klangedangs in the US?

Post by bonzo »

I love what I have been able to find and read about these.. are these even available is the states?

Are there only the T1 model? Do they come with stands? Choice of finish? Cost?

Any info is appreciated
Jon
lp12, Keel, K Radikal, Urika, EkosSe/1 Kandid KK1/D, JBL 708p
Linn Pekin
Music Lover
Very active member
Very active member

Re: How can I audition Klangedangs in the US?

Post by Music Lover »

Together with JBL 3677 is Klangedang the most musical speaker I ever heard.

Lejonklou is a retailer so send Fredrik a mail.

Info here (use google translate) http://www.klangedang.se

You have a number of alternatives regarding filter, stand and finish. Look in the price list.
http://www.tonlaget.com/prislista.html#klangedang
It's all about musical understanding!
Broccoli

Post by Broccoli »

ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Currently they aren't sold in the US and I don't know of anyone here with a pair. They are made by Anders Simonsson who also owns Tonläget, a seller of Linn, Lejonklou, Naim, Rega, Grado, etc. and is the builder of Harmonihyllan racks. While I am the North American importer of the Harmoni racks, I made a conscious decision not to try to import the Klangedang speakers. This has nothing to do with the quality of the speaker, which I am sure is quite good and I am quite curious about, considering the comments on it by members of the forum and Fredrik using them as a reference. It does have to do with logistics and with Anders not being a normal manufacturer.

First off, unless things have changed recently, my understanding is that you order a pair of Klangedangs and you actually receive them many months later. Secondly, for the most part you need the matched stands for the best perfromance. Since these stands only work optimally with a specific amount of a particular Swedish kitty litter (I am not kidding) this complicates things further. (What is involved in importing Swedish kitty litter?) Third, there are now three different crossovers further complicating things. And then we get into myriad finish options. Of course these make it cool for the customer to be able to get all kinds of custom finishes, but a nightmare for a distributor who likes to stock items in North America to provide quick delivery to dealers and customers.

So I think you can see why I decided what I did. I may yet end up buying a pair sooner or later for my own experience but it would likely be later as I have too much else going on right now to even consider it.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
bonzo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by bonzo »

Very interesting information. Thank you for sharing. By now means have I committed to getting a new speaker, I just have come to appreciate the idea of a musical 2 way speaker more than ever. So I forgot just how expensive Sonus Fabers standmounts are. Id like to audition some other brand 2 way speakers with stands and make my own determination. Just now sure where to start. I’ve noticed it’s kind of scary that 242s second hand don’t look to be fetching much over $2200-$2500. Is hate to part with those for that little amount.

As always, thank you all for your time and input as well as suggestions.
lp12, Keel, K Radikal, Urika, EkosSe/1 Kandid KK1/D, JBL 708p
Linn Pekin
Rulah

Post by Rulah »

Hi Bonzo,
Sorry that this is not related to Klangedangs, but as you live in the US i would HIGHLY suggest you to look at Spatial Audio products. I have not heard Klangedangs or JBL3677 but i can ensure you these beasts are insane. I have heard the M3 turbos & M3 triodemasters, and the triodemasters were the ones i carried home.

It all started with me and my wife buying a new aparment closer to downtown, prices go up and the space goes down, the things we do in life.. Well anyway, i ended up in having a much smaller room form movies & music, and very quickly noticed that my full active(mdsm/1 & m6100) misos deliver WAY to much bass in the room, i would have never even consider buying them if i had auditioned them in this room, well they became "okish" with space, but i´m not a fan for having 1x -15db gain, 1x -12 gain and several -7/-8 db gain settings to make it bareable.

A friend of mine had been on the lookout for Spatials for over 1 year, and there is one dealer for them in Finland, and he posted them on demo sale, we took the car to the dealer (200km away) the next week to audition them, and after a very short while it was clear i wanted to hear them at home. We packed them in the car and put them in the small room to replaces misos, and boom, they worked in the small room WITHOUT space fixing and they sound AMAZING. Okay i later on made one custom filter in space on ~102hz for -6db to smooth out one room mode.

There started my current journey, and now i drive them with ads/3 & Boazu and MAN, im so happy of the emotion and feeling of the music that these lovley equipment & speakers deliver. And big credits goes to Marco from NL, he took a chance and allowed me to demo the lejonklou equipment, and i´m very happy i did, a fantastic dealer and person, highly recommended!

And the reason im saying this, the Spatials M3 TM are around 2000$ cheaper in the US then EU, and i would consider that a real bargain. They also allow you 60Day refund if you orderd them directly from them, but you might have some dealer close by were you could audition them first.

ps. they also work in a bigger room, do not worry :)