Linn green paper and AT95 cartridge

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

vicdiaz

Linn green paper and AT95 cartridge

Post by vicdiaz »

Hi,

Is anyone using Linn's green paper to clean the AT95 cartridge stylus?
Vic
Ivor's "Tune-Method Seminar" Alumni
nmakowsk

Re: Linn green paper and AT95 cartridge

Post by nmakowsk »

I use green paper after about 10 records to clean an Linn Adikt stylus. I swipe back to front probably 20-30 times at all different angles and carefully perpendicular to get gunk just behind the diamond or just in front (extremely carefully) with volume low but so I can still hear. Seems to increase the dynamics on subsequent record every time that regiment is done and I have had the same piece of paper for 10 years now. Silly putty I also use after a few sides and can lift out dust balls too. Its the sticky gunk that the green paper seems to keep down to a minimum with multiple swipes. Some will say only a few swipes are necessary but I like to make sure its clean so I like to do lots of swipes and hope for the best. Hasn't caused anything such as a low riding adikt yet, only better sound.
LP12/Kar/ARad2/Kore/Ekos SE1/NOKTable/Adikt/Slipsik 8.0/Giella Pi 1.2/Tundra Stereo 2.2/1992 Briks
Freddy

Re: Linn green paper and AT95 cartridge

Post by Freddy »

I´ve looked in microscope how effekctive the green paper realy is. It is good at removing stuff that sticking to the diamond stylus. However, you can also se that after the cleaning action the needle collect some abrasiv stuff from the paper. It is like a cluster of small loose (2-5 µm) particles left on needle tip. Therefore, I think it is a very good idea to use silly putty after using the green paper to remove these. Other wise these particles will end up on the record I suppose?