Could it be Christmas in January?

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Could it be Christmas in January?

Post by Charlie1 »

bonzo wrote:Now that everyone is awake it’s at 62.
That's pretty much my 'loud' setting too, although occasionally a quieter LP needs more, up to about 70. I have easier to drive 140s though, but you're using Monos. Room is about 4x5m.

Glad they are a success and that your wife is also getting enjoyment out of them - that's something I can't share with you, although she is generally understanding.
bonzo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by bonzo »

Charlie,
My loud setting was 78 last night and it rocked! My room is large and much more open than I’d like so I’m sure I lose some of the sound outside the room
lp12, Keel, K Radikal, Urika, EkosSe/1 Kandid KK1/D, JBL 708p
Linn Pekin
bonzo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by bonzo »

So it’s “officially official”. I’m keeping these amazing amps! I remember years back Music Lover posted something about an upgrade being so good it makes your least favorite songs now fun to listen to. Well he couldn’t have been more accurate. I’ll admit I have purchased a few albums for 1 song specifically, and in the past, with KCT, when that song was over I’d get up and change records. Not the case anymore! I’ve completely enjoyed songs that I didn’t in the past. Amazing how this is possible.
Some of you may know my wife, just 39 years young was diagnosed with lymphoma in Oct 2016. She gracefully fought through numerous rounds of chemo, about 100 nights in the hospital, radiation, and finally a bone marrow transplant and for the first time since in 14 months she is cancer free!! The decision to demo and ultimately purchase these amps were somewhat result of the experience we had the last 14months. I don’t want to sound preachy at all, but life is precious and short. We both decided to treat ourselves to this purchase as a means of celebrating her health. Next is the first family trip to Disney that was cancelled 3 days before going the first time she was diagnosed with the disease. After that my wife an I will take some time together on a small vacation without our 2 boys. 2018 is off to an amazing start and I gladly say goodbye to 2017.
As always, thanks for taking time to read this as well as replying should you feel the desire to do so.

Jon Fierro
Linn Pekin
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Enjoy life, music - and your loved ones.
A well deserved treat after what you all had to go through last year.

Take great care Jon and all the best to you, your children and Yesenia.

Marco
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
anthony
Very active member
Very active member

Post by anthony »

bonzo wrote:So it’s “officially official”. I’m keeping these amazing amps! I remember years back Music Lover posted something about an upgrade being so good it makes your least favorite songs now fun to listen to. Well he couldn’t have been more accurate. I’ll admit I have purchased a few albums for 1 song specifically, and in the past, with KCT, when that song was over I’d get up and change records. Not the case anymore! I’ve completely enjoyed songs that I didn’t in the past. Amazing how this is possible.
Some of you may know my wife, just 39 years young was diagnosed with lymphoma in Oct 2016. She gracefully fought through numerous rounds of chemo, about 100 nights in the hospital, radiation, and finally a bone marrow transplant and for the first time since in 14 months she is cancer free!! The decision to demo and ultimately purchase these amps were somewhat result of the experience we had the last 14months. I don’t want to sound preachy at all, but life is precious and short. We both decided to treat ourselves to this purchase as a means of celebrating her health. Next is the first family trip to Disney that was cancelled 3 days before going the first time she was diagnosed with the disease. After that my wife an I will take some time together on a small vacation without our 2 boys. 2018 is off to an amazing start and I gladly say goodbye to 2017.
As always, thanks for taking time to read this as well as replying should you feel the desire to do so.

Jon Fierro
Well all I can say is I am sure you will be very happy. I acquired a pair of 242 some while ago now, and combined with a Tundra and Kds3, love the simplicity, rating it as one of most musical and enjoyable systems.
I hope you and your wife have a better year, hopefully enhanced by your new purchase.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

bonzo wrote:I remember years back Music Lover posted something about an upgrade being so good it makes your least favorite songs now fun to listen to. Well he couldn’t have been more accurate. I’ll admit I have purchased a few albums for 1 song specifically, and in the past, with KCT, when that song was over I’d get up and change records. Not the case anymore! I’ve completely enjoyed songs that I didn’t in the past. Amazing how this is possible.
I have found this too. It's been one of the best things about the switch to a Lejonklou amp.

All the best to you both. Best wishes for 2018. Hope you enjoy Disney!
bonzo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by bonzo »

Marco, Anthony, and Charlie,
Thank you all for your kind words. There were many late evenings I spent reading old threads on this forum while in the hospital or at home when I had to be there for my boys. The members of this forum are truly special and I am grateful I had something such as this to take my mind of off reality, if only for a few hours. I just wished we lived closer to each other as I’d love to meet you guys and enjoy your systems as well.
Linn Pekin
macrotech2
Very active member
Very active member

Post by macrotech2 »

Bonzo,

Reading about your journey mirrored so closely my own transformative musical experience with Fredrik's amplifiers, and now with the added poignancy of what you and your family have been going through these past months. A story with such a wonderful happy outcome. Enjoy 2018!

... and don't forget to try Sagatun Monos next. You won't believe it, but they will give you a similar level of improvement again.

All the best

Kevin
Källa/Sagatun Mono Tarandus/Tundra Mono 3/Avalon Idea Mk2
anthony
Very active member
Very active member

Post by anthony »

Upgraded stands next!
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

Pleased for you that you are enjoying your system upgrade. So much more pleased that you are able to enjoy it with your wife & family. I hope you are able to cherish the health, love & happiness, and the music, for many, many years.
The preamps to match are special too - there is even more music in a Mono-gamous life ;)
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Well Jon, we've already talked about all this and you know how happy I am with how things have turned out for Yesenia, yourself and your children. Hoping that you have plenty of time to enjoy your family and your system.

I just thought I'd add that I have also had the same experience with the musicality of albums. For some time I have often used "The Last Mall" off the Steely Dan album "everything must go" for comparisons as it gets going rather quickly and is a really good tune that makes me want to dance (which I sometimes do - when alone). But I felt the rest of the album was pretty boring and never listened to the other tracks after the first time through. Then I brought it to RMAF just to have that track for setup use but started it playing during the show. Fredrik commented on how good one of the other tracks was and I started to pay attention and noticed he was right. We both enjoyed listening to the whole side and then flipped it over and listened to the rest. Something which I never had the interest in doing with the active ATCs.

Yep, there is something special about these electronics.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz »

Wonderful to hear that your wife is back to good health and that you are celebrating in some style.

I cannot think of anything more important to celebrate then ones health, and no better way of doing this than a family holiday followed by a quiet time away with your wife and a huge musical upgrade.

I have also found big upgrades to transform previously mediocre albums, and find source upgrades ( especially LP12 ones ) to be particularly impressive in this regard.

Lejonklou amps behave like source upgrades in this regard and improve musicality to a whole new level, combined with an improvement in 'sound'.
Kalla/Sag M/Tun M3/242/LP12/Slip7

Kalla/Giella Pi/JBL308/RS2e

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Fantastic news, Jon!

All the best to your family. I hope the vacation will be marvellous!