Amplified computer speakers for kitchen 'DS' type system

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

Briain

Amplified computer speakers for kitchen 'DS' type system

Post by Briain »

Hi

Here's an unusual question for here (which I've also posted on the Linn forum). It'd be great if anyone can give me a pointer in any direction worh pointing in!

I'm using the same FLAC library on my NAS to feed my KDS, a Sonos and now also a Logitech Duet in my kitchen. I'm looking for some cheapish 'computer' speakers with built in (mains powered) amplifiers for the kitchen sounds. Has anyone recently done any research whatsoever into which ones sound OKish considering what they are, or maybe someone here has just bought a set and thought they were almost acceptable? I've absolutely no idea of this sector of the market, so any thoughts or comments would be of great interest.

I would get another set of 350's but I'd have to put hundreds of additional screws into the kitchen units before hoisting them up there :)

Actually, jesting aside, there used to be a restaurant in Edinburgh (The Vintners Room) which had DMS Isobariks (on their sides) on shelves over the bar; they worked really well up there as when put on their side, the 'top' units became side units firing left and right along the bar!

Bri