The new NOKTable from Nokturne Audio

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Re: The new NOKTable from Nokturne Audio

Post by Charlie1 »

Looks good Tom. Other than the name plate it looks identical to the original.

I guess you want to keep costs to a minimum at this stage and see if it's financially viable. Maybe then experiment a little? I wonder how much experimentation the original design had, such as height of the table.
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

NOKTable:
Don't NOK it 'til you try it
NOKs it out of the park
NOK. NOK. Who's there? Table! Table who? Table who's designed for your LP12 :)
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

tokenbrit wrote:NOKTable:
NOKs it out of the park
I've placed an order for a NOKTable from Thomas, which will replace my Sound Organization turntable stand. Thomas said he made some improvements over the original turntable stand, and I'm looking forward to checking it out too!
Tony Tune-age
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

tokenbrit wrote:NOKTable:
NOKs it out of the park
Ha ha ha!

Just boarding my flight to Denver, Colorado and the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest!
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

You also might like Boulder if you have time to visit. It's a University town not too far from Denver.

Hope it goes well.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

The FlatEarther wrote:Hi Tom well done. Another shot in the arm for the old fruitbox.

Interested how you arrived at laminated mdf? The SO shelves were laminated chipboard. Interestingly, so are the Tiger Paw Vukan shelves.

Have you tried your Mimer on the Nok or other materials?
WR
Flat
Just a quick note from a rest stop in Nebraska. Having driven about 15 hours yesterday and today and with another 4 to go!

I did not experiment with a lot af materials in this but past experiments with the Archidee showed mdf more musical than particle board. (I believe the Audiotech and Archidee both used mdf although the SO was indeed particle board-I didn't know about the Vulkan.). I also found solid Movingui to be distinctly inferior to mdf on the Archidee. The mdf board I am using is musically a little better than the Archidee one so I am happy for now. I have also heard from others that aluminum did not work as well as steel.

I haven't ruled out further experimentation but I have my doubts about a Mimer type top (although that doesn't mean I won't try it). I think a turntable, since it is a vibration sensing device, may have different requirements than other devices.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
The FlatEarther

Post by The FlatEarther »

ThomasOK wrote:
The FlatEarther wrote:Hi Tom well done. Another shot in the arm for the old fruitbox.

Interested how you arrived at laminated mdf? The SO shelves were laminated chipboard. Interestingly, so are the Tiger Paw Vukan shelves.

Have you tried your Mimer on the Nok or other materials?
WR
Flat
Just a quick note from a rest stop in Nebraska. Having driven about 15 hours yesterday and today and with another 4 to go!

I did not experiment with a lot af materials in this but past experiments with the Archidee showed mdf more musical than particle board. (I believe the Audiotech and Archidee both used mdf although the SO was indeed particle board-I didn't know about the Vulkan.). I also found solid Movingui to be distinctly inferior to mdf on the Archidee. The mdf board I am using is musically a little better than the Archidee one so I am happy for now. I have also heard from others that aluminum did not work as well as steel.

I haven't ruled out further experimentation but I have my doubts about a Mimer type top (although that doesn't mean I won't try it). I think a turntable, since it is a vibration sensing device, may have different requirements than other devices.
Hi Tom when youre back home and rested i have something for you to try which may just freak you out!

It has totally transformed my SO stand to a mega level!
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

Give us a clue Flat. I'd love to know! :)
Pediatrik

Post by Pediatrik »

I think it has to do with Mana...
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Yes, I'm interested too since I own an Archidee. Please share with us Flat...
The FlatEarther

I'll take some pics for you all tomorrow in the daylight. But Mana is certainly a clue!
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

The FlatEarther wrote:I'll take some pics for you all tomorrow in the daylight. But Mana is certainly a clue!
Flat,
what about the pics?
Thanks
Matt
The FlatEarther

matthias wrote:
The FlatEarther wrote:I'll take some pics for you all tomorrow in the daylight. But Mana is certainly a clue!
Flat,
what about the pics?
Thanks
Matt
Hi Matt i coudnt figure out how to up load the pics.
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

Try dropbox. It is quite easy.
Playing cd’s…………
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

The NOKTable received a nice writeup from Brent Butterworth of SoundStage! Global along with the writeup on the Boazu on the next page. Here is the link:

http://www.soundstageglobal.com/index.p ... 6-grab-bag
The LP12 Whisperer
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Here is the text from the document I created on the NOKTable for the show:

The NOKTable Turntable Stand takes the idea of the lightweight but very rigid turntable stand made popular in the 80s by companies like The Sound Organisation, AudioTech and Archidee and brings it into the 21st century. It uses the best of these design ideas, with superior construction and an improved textured black finish, while providing an even more musical performance.

The NOKTable is 18” tall including spikes and the mdf top is 17.5” x 13.75”. It is made of strong but light welded square-section steel tubing with strong, long adjustable floor spikes that can pierce pretty much any carpet and padding. They can also be used with footers like Linn Skeets on wood or tile floors. The NOKTable also has short adjustable spikes for the top and the solid top plate the turntable rests on is black laminated mdf.

While initially designed for the iconic Linn Sondek LP12 turntable, the NOKTable is an excellent platform for any number of light and medium weight turntables such as those from Rega, ProJect, Music Hall and numerous others. As long as the turntable doesn’t have enormous proportions or ridiculous mass the NOKTable should improve its musical performance. The NOKTable Turntable Stand is priced affordably at $599 and is available immediately.
The LP12 Whisperer