Very active member
Very active member

Majik DS

Post by Azazello »

ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

I was just about to announce this myself but you beat me to it.

Majik DS is announced at a price of $3500US which is the same as the Majik CD. Two immediately visible differences between it and the Akurate DS are the lack of balanced outputs and the addition of coax and optical digital outputs.

The data sheet from Linn claims "performance to beat any CD player" so the performance for the money should be quite good. The Majik DS also has a volume control built in like the Sneaky DS so it can be used without preamp as well. While it is not clear form the data sheet my guess is that this will also be a digital volume control so it will sound better through a good preamp.
Music Lover
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Music Lover »

Any update on the performance?
And how good is the volume control, i.e how good separate pre is needed to better the sound? Kairn...Exotik...
It's all about musical understanding!
cremona

Post by cremona »

Got one

The digital volume kontrol is superb , no noise no nothing lest put it this way my exotik is up for sale now.

Sound is more real then sneaky voices sounds like if the singer is in the room performing live , and now with the majik its like you can feel what the singer feels when preforming a treat i have only experinced with the cd12 and klimax ds , tune is diffently better and its just so deeply musical, sneaky was to but the majik ds goes alot further.

I was told the majik ds uses the same wolfson dac as the akurat/klimax ds and the sneaky uses the same as the majik cd player.

The majik ds is a serious world class source for sure
Music Lover
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Music Lover »

And if you add your Exotik. Better or not?
cremona

Post by cremona »

Music Lover wrote:And if you add your Exotik. Better or not?
I like the sound better without the exotik ,reason why ? its more pure voices, instruments seems even more real, to to be honest the difference is not night and day ánd i do think the klimax kontrol would make it sound better but im not 100% sure.
cremona

Post by cremona »

Im taking my conclusion back running full level through the exotik sounds more musical and dynamic.
dubbel checked therer is more bottom end and tune is better with the exotik.

This is the exact opposit of what i hyave experinced with the slimdevices products and preamps,

Bring on the klimax kontrol
Music Lover
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Music Lover »

As expected you liked the Exotik :wink:
What was the difference between the tests as you got a better result the second time?