Back to hifi sanity

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

RCA12314

Back to hifi sanity

Post by RCA12314 »

Hi. This is my very first post on the Lejonklou website. So what brought me to this forum ?
All of my hifi equipment is from Yamaha. I have more or less always had Yamaha gear simply because I think it is the best. For a long time I was left very frustrated with speaker cable, mains cable choices on the market. What I found were insanely overpriced accessories that caused more problems than they solved. I have tried silver cables, gold plated copper mains plugs, silver plated mains leads, and interconnects etc etc, and I found they they left me pulling my hair out. They didn't make my system more musical, they actually made it sound worse, because these various plated cables do funny things to the sound of hifi. Silver I have always found to be harsh, bright, and sharp. Gold Is supposed to sound warmer, but as a trade off the sound becomes duller, and boring. Shielded mains cables rob dynamics, and at this point I was ready to give up on hifi from sheer frustration.

I had always been fascinated with linn and naim gear because they do their own thing, and had more to offer in the way they approach using accessories. At last I found sanity. For once people were speaking sense. I read with interest that naim owners were advised to use the mains cables supplied with the equipment. So I read thomasok thread on mains cables, and I decided to try some on my own system. My yamaha kit sound much better straight away. The volex plugs are of high quality, and the mains leads are far more musical than any audiophile mains cable that I have heard. Next, naim use marbo fuses. These are much better than any audiophile fuse I have used.

Because of these forums I have simplifed my system, and have synergy and musicality. Yamaha have caught on and use the same cables as linn and naim. I use supra speaker cable. This is very neutral and musical. For interconnects I use high quality copper interconnects, no silver, no gold, no fancy gadgets.
At last I have a system that is balanced, has synergy, and musicality.

Thank you Naim, Linn, and Lejonklou.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Back to hifi sanity

Post by lejonklou »

Hi RCA12314 and welcome here!

I can very much relate to what you write in the first paragraph. Spot on regarding the metals and shielding.