New Classik Music

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

New Classik Music

Post by ThomasOK »

Linn has announced a new Classik Music which is starting to ship this month. The price in the US is $2495. There is information on the Linn website at: http://www.linn.co.uk/classik_music

The new Classik Music is based on the Classik Movie 05 chassis and has the same appearance. It uses a switch-mode power supply along with updated tuner module and CD mechanism. My expectation is a significant improvement in music playback over what was already the standard setter at the price (although admittedly the price is a bit higher now).

Interestingly, Linn has included both coax and optical digital inputs. I think this is a great idea as it will allow people to connect Squeezeboxes and other devices and take advantage of the decoding that Linn does so well. It also has two analog inputs and optical digital, line and preamp outputs as well as numerous Knekt and RS232 connections allowing the same level of flexibility as the one it replaces.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Sorry to be negative, but the new Classik Music don't impress me at all...

The Movie 05 chassis feels more cheap than the old LK-size Music, the box is IMHO too big for a "compact all-in-one music unit" and on top of this it's more expensive than before. Digital inputs seems to be the only positive addition. :?

If it had DVD replay (in 2 channels), an Ipod dock and possibly even a simple DS included, it would have been a killer product.

I might be asking too much. :oops:
Broccoli

Post by Broccoli »

Has anybody actually listened to it yet?