Klouts and a Tunebox

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

davestp1

Klouts and a Tunebox

Post by davestp1 »

I have 3 late model klouts (2000 or so) with 5140 active mono cards in them. I also have an unused late model tunebox, (the fascia says Linn Active Crossover, sticker inside says 2001, with a black slimline brilliant supply in it. I've had it for about 8 years unused) Does anyone have photographic directions (or otherwise) they can provide showing how to a) Remove the cards from the klouts, b) Install them in the tunebox and c) return the klouts to regular operating mode (I think this involves resoldering a link if I recall correctly) I posted this on the PFM forum a while back but never got an answer.
Dave
Pediatrik

Re: Klouts and a Tunebox

Post by Pediatrik »

I have the LINN manual that covers all above. I can e-mail you the file if you like.
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

Generally the cards will sound better in the amp than they will in the Tunebox, so probably best to leave them where they are, unless you're looking to move to different amps of course.
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
WIJI

Post by WIJI »

sunbeamgls wrote:Generally the cards will sound better in the amp than they will in the Tunebox......
The exception being a slimline SMPS equipped Tunebox IIRC. I've never had one so can't speak from experience, but I'm pretty sure that cards in the amps are considered to be bettered by this particular configuration.

Paul.
KDS2/KK1D/KXOs/SolosD/Keltiks