Squeezebox duet

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

Rutger

Squeezebox duet

Post by Rutger »

From reliable sources there is a bargain to be made: Squeezbox Duet ! :!:
With its Wolfson Dac and " tunedem" sound it is said to sound better/ on pair with the Linn Ikemi, if you use the analogue output on the Squeezebox duet.

We have to wait some time to see if its all true- but it looks very interesting, for sure.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

I thought it was a link in that italic you put on the words. :wink: If you have one, please share it.

And since there is a Tune Method discussion on the Swedish Linn forum right now, I can't resist pointing out that there is no such thing as a "tunedem" sound. The Tune Method is a method for comparing how we musically react to different reproductions of the same piece of music.

So, if you allow me to rephrase your hopeful post: If the Squeezbox Duet sounds better than the Ikemi, compared with the Tune Method, it is really interesting!

I apologise for being picky, no offence intended as I believe you already know this! I just wanted to clarify it, as I have just read too many references to that tunedem sound and the PRaT coloration as opposed to neutral sound etc. It's all too clear that people who speak that way don't understand what these expressions really mean.
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

No offense taken !

I meant it the way you wrote it.
coupe-sport

Post by coupe-sport »

I have a Duet. Sounds good to me. Looking forward to hearing the Sneaky and Akurate DS though. If Linn can get the user interface as good as the Duet controller or something similar to run on an iPod touch then i could be sorely tempted.

James
Pediatrik

Post by Pediatrik »

LINN GUI will soon become "open-source" and then I guess it won't be long until you can run it on an iPod Touch! :D