Best sounding LAN cable for DS

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Best sounding LAN cable for DS

Post by ThomasOK »

I tried the Vodka and didn't care for it at all. The Cinnamon was better and the Microconnect was better than both.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

Matteo wrote: 2020-06-05 16:12 I understood differently: there is a small consensus that the BJC is the second best cable (on par with https://www.designacable.com/audio-visu ... -lead.html), while the first apparently is:

https://www.designacable.com/audio-visu ... tp-76.html

M.
Ah, ok. I haven’t seen much written about the catsnake. I’ll take another look.
Music Lover
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Music Lover »

ThomasOK wrote: 2020-06-05 20:40 I tried the Vodka and didn't care for it at all. The Cinnamon was better and the Microconnect was better than both.
Agree,
Also, Audioquest is generally worse than Chord.

Tried all Chord and Audioquest cables and for example is Chord C-stream (60€) better than Chord Signature (1000€)... The Chord C-stream is quite ok but the old and trusted Microconnect is better.

Chord Epic is better than my Microconnect, but at a huge cost.
However, BlueJeans is even better and a total bargain!

Tested a LOT of cables and the best is a Transparent cable. Both the 2m and 3m cables were better than BlueJeans.
Due to the high price 500€ each, I passed.
It's all about musical understanding!
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

Music Lover wrote: 2020-06-06 15:25
ThomasOK wrote: 2020-06-05 20:40 I tried the Vodka and didn't care for it at all. The Cinnamon was better and the Microconnect was better than both.
Agree,
Also, Audioquest is generally worse than Chord.

Tried all Chord and Audioquest cables and for example is Chord C-stream (60€) better than Chord Signature (1000€)... The Chord C-stream is quite ok but the old and trusted Microconnect is better.

Chord Epic is better than my Microconnect, but at a huge cost.
However, BlueJeans is even better and a total bargain!

Tested a LOT of cables and the best is a Transparent cable. Both the 2m and 3m cables were better than BlueJeans.
Due to the high price 500€ each, I passed.
Have you tried the Meicord ML?
Music Lover
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Music Lover »

No.
Not that active on various Hifi forums recently so haven't head about Meicord.
It's all about musical understanding!
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

I posted a couple of videos comparing the bjc to the Meicord and everyone preferred the Meicord.

It can be bought for about £80 in the UK, with the option to return it within 30 days if it’s found to be unsuitable.
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

80£ for 1 mt. are a lot of money

M.
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

They’re £80 for a 3m length. I’ve got three of them for about the same price of a pair of Linn Silver interconnects. I’d say they bring about a greater improvement in musicality than the Silvers, so that makes them pretty good value for money as far as I’m concerned.
OscarH
Very active member
Very active member

Post by OscarH »

Just took delivery of 3pcs Blue Jeans Cable.
Four days from order to delivery in Denmark - rather outstanding actually.

Now, as those who have ordered from BJC will know, each cable comes with an individual test report showing that the particular cable is within tolerance.

I note that each of the three cables have slightly different values for e.g. resistance.

Has any work been done to investigate whether any of these measured properties influence the musical performance of the cable?

I would expect any such differences to be beyond my abilities, but when I saw the different numbers I couldn’t help thinking that there COULD be something there to explain why one brand “wins” sometimes and another sometimes...
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

I’d be interested to know if anyone has heard the Meicord’s in their own system?

I posted a comparison of the Meicord v bjc some time ago, and everyone preferred the Meicord.

I’ll do the same comparison again, but with three different types of music when I get the chance.
Lego
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Lego »

lejonklou wrote: 2020-01-15 17:22 Long cable to switch, then 2.5 m cable to streamer (and 2.5 m cable to NAS) is the best way.

Switch and NAS on a separate power strip, but connected to the same wall outlet as the system is also the best way.

The only drawback with this arrangement is that NAS and switch require space by the system, instead of being possible to hide somewhere else.
When you say long cable to switch Fredrik,how long is best and I take it it's from router to to switch?My router isnt connected to the internet.
Last edited by Lego on 2020-11-25 08:31, edited 1 time in total.
I know that tune
OscarH
Very active member
Very active member

Post by OscarH »

Lego wrote: 2020-11-25 08:22
lejonklou wrote: 2020-01-15 17:22 Long cable to switch, then 2.5 m cable to streamer (and 2.5 m cable to NAS) is the best way.

Switch and NAS on a separate power strip, but connected to the same wall outlet as the system is also the best way.

The only drawback with this arrangement is that NAS and switch require space by the system, instead of being possible to hide somewhere else.
When you say say long cable to switch Fredrik,how long is best and I take it it's from router to to switch.My router isnt connected to the internet.
Fredrik’s reply is a bit out of context without my original question.

In my home I have to have one long cable as the hifi is several meters from the router. The question was which of the cables should be made the long one when a long cable is necessary.
Lego
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Lego »

OscarH wrote: 2020-11-25 08:31
Lego wrote: 2020-11-25 08:22

When you say say long cable to switch Fredrik,how long is best and I take it it's from router to to switch.My router isnt connected to the internet.
Fredrik’s reply is a bit out of context without my original question.

In my home I have to have one long cable as the hifi is several meters from the router. The question was which of the cables should be made the long one when a long cable is necessary.
Ah got you ,thanks for that Oscar.
I know that tune
Lego
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Lego »

Spannko wrote: 2020-06-07 16:09 They’re £80 for a 3m length. I’ve got three of them for about the same price of a pair of Linn Silver interconnects. I’d say they bring about a greater improvement in musicality than the Silvers, so that makes them pretty good value for money as far as I’m concerned.
What are the differences with your meircord and the 2.5m BJC 6a Spannko,I saw you previously sold the BJs did you manage to compare them side by side.
I know that tune
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

I’ve done a couple of comparisons before, and nearly everyone preferred the Meicord’s. I think the videos have gone now, so I’ll record the comparison again as soon as I get a chance.
PetterS

Post by PetterS »

Moved message to more relevant thread.
Primare Np5 & NP30, Genki, Boazu, Ninka w. Poly. st., ICs: Linn Si & bl incl. dig, tt TD46,