Re: Best sounding LAN cable for DS

Post by Defender »

good to hear - please keep us updated what you think
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

markiteight wrote: 2019-01-10 03:26 Now I'm curious to see if all this nit-picking was worth the effort (and extra cost) versus just ordering 8.5 feet and hoping for the best.
Do you have an 8.5 foot (regular order) cable from BJC to compare against your 2.5m (specific length) ones?
markiteight

Post by markiteight »

tokenbrit wrote: 2019-01-10 17:57 Do you have an 8.5 foot (regular order) cable from BJC to compare against your 2.5m (specific length) ones?
Not yet. But as the entire system is essentially being built from scratch it will be quite a while before everything is broken in and optimized to the point where I could make a valid comparison.
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

Plenty to look forward to then - best of luck with the build
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

This is what I found in another forum:

Blue Jeans Cables response
It’s a bit complicated- basically 6A has to meet certain requirements unrelated to signal transfer that don’t really apply to anyone other than large data centers, and those requirements lead to changes that have a negative impact on signal transfer. So a good CAT6 will actually pass higher frequencies then equivalent 6A, but cannot be named as such.
-Jeff (BJC)

has anyone compared the blue jeans cat6a compared to a cat6?
Teemu

Post by Teemu »

Thanks for the tips in this forum. Blue Jeans cat6a cables are much better than previous bulk cat6 cables. In addition, moving the nas drive and the netgear switch back to the living room from the technical space (no more in wall cat5 cables and wall connectors in use) brought a big improvement. The final touch was brought by changing the way the speaker cables (splitted k400, made by lejonklou) are connected to the treble + and - terminals of the Akurate 242 speakers. Tune is better now than ever in my system.
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

Teemu wrote: 2019-08-18 09:53 Thanks for the tips in this forum. Blue Jeans cat6a cables are much better than previous bulk cat6 cables. In addition, moving the nas drive and the netgear switch back to the living room from the technical space (no more in wall cat5 cables and wall connectors in use) brought a big improvement. The final touch was brought by changing the way the speaker cables (splitted k400, made by lejonklou) are connected to the treble + and - terminals of the Akurate 242 speakers. Tune is better now than ever in my system.
Another great example of what kind of care that is needed to get music out of ones system.
Playing cd’s…………
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tendaberry »

I got my Blue Jeans CAT 6a cables today. What's the consensus on the direction? With text? Or does it vary?
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

with text please - they sounded good right out of the box but they are improving over a week or so
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Sorry, I did not read the complete thread:

Is there a consensus on Meicord vs. Blue Jeans?

Thanks

Matt
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
kampak

Post by kampak »

it seems so...
me myself & I tried Meicord and various others. Imho Meicord is impressive in HiFi-Terms but kills music (at least in my installation) like Chord C-Stream (sleepy) and AQ Cinnamon (out of tune). I tried lots of Cat5s and 6s and had a miraculously good Cat5 (no idea what manufacturer) which was only outperformed by a SupraCable (a 30€ Cat8 - ouch!?).
But I´m curious enough to try a BJC...
tbc
Linn-Lejonklou-Kudos
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Meicord Vs Blue Jeans

Post by Spannko »

Here’s a couple of recordings using the BJ between Melco and KDS followed by a couple using the Meicord

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g5tb90zk1js ... NY3_a?dl=0
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Meicord Vs Blue Jeans

Post by tokenbrit »

Spannko wrote: 2019-11-03 19:03 Here’s a couple of recordings using the BJ between Melco and KDS followed by a couple using the Meicord
I prefer the BJ... especially on the 2nd track.
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Spannko wrote: 2019-11-03 19:03 Here’s a couple of recordings using the BJ between Melco and KDS followed by a couple using the Meicord
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g5tb90zk1js ... NY3_a?dl=0
Spannko,
thank you for sharing these.

I prefer the BJ, they make musically more sense.

BTW, I like the two tables for your devices. Can you shed some light on these?

Thanks

Matt
Matt

Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

matthias wrote: 2019-11-04 11:03
BTW, I like the two tables for your devices. Can you shed some light on these?

Thanks

Matt
Thanks Matt.

The table is called the Hemiola and it’s something I’ve designed myself.

It all came about after I saw a table in a furniture shop and I thought to myself “With a few modifications that would make a great HiFi rack”, so I set about making something similar. But, my excitement soon wilted after I rigged everything up. It sounded truly awful!

Rather that get too disillusioned I thought “Well, that’s one way how not to build a HiFi rack, I wonder how many other ways there are”! Through a process of trial and error, I followed what worked and discarded what didn’t, using tune dem to make every decision.

I ended up with something that looks familiar, and yet is also quite unique in its construction. For example, the table top is designed in such a way that it acts as suspension, helping to protect the component from harmful vibrations (above about 10 Hz). Its very low mass also means that it stores less energy, allowing the stand to work more harmoniously with the music. The top itself is protected by a series of energy breaks which reduces the transfer of much higher frequency energy from the support frame (which is also protected from vibrations entering from the floor by another series of energy breaks).

The Hemiola will be sold through dealers, and you should start being able to hear one sometime in the new year.
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Spannko wrote: 2019-11-04 20:05 The Hemiola will be sold through dealers, and you should start being able to hear one sometime in the new year.
Please, keep us updated.
Thanks

Matt
Matt

ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

I preferred the BJ cables as well. I listened to the second track on them all the way through and wanted more. Good sound. Interesting info on the Hemiola as well, definitely keep us posted.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

Just ordered 8 ft. of BJC Cat 6a from Amazon.com ...
.. a lot cheaper than www.bluejeanscable.co.uk

M.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Matteo wrote: 2019-11-21 11:16 Just ordered 8 ft. of BJC Cat 6a from Amazon.com ...
.. a lot cheaper than www.bluejeanscable.co.uk

M.
Thanks for the tip, Matteo.

8.5 feet is better than 8 feet. But that might require an order directly from BJC.
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

lejonklou wrote: 2019-11-21 11:47 8.5 feet is better than 8 feet. But that might require an order directly from BJC.
Yes, unfortunately, on Amazon.com there are only default ft. lenghts (3, 4, 5, 6, 8 etc.).

M.
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

I’ve noticed that the BJC’s have been discussed at length on the Naim forum, and the general consensus there seems to be that they are the best Ethernet cable when sound and musicality are taken into account.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

They have started showing up on the new Linn section of the wigwam forum as well. It seems their reputation is spreading.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Ron The Mon
Very active member
Very active member

BJs and Such

Post by Ron The Mon »

I first read of Blue Jeans Cable many years ago before joining the Lejonklou forum. On this forum I have been surprised to have never read about them until the HAKAI project was posted. I have never used any Blue Jeans Cable products or services but what interests me was they are one of the very few hi-fi companies selling the opposite of snake oil. They actually seem to be the only hi-fi company I know of claiming a direct correlation of measurement to musical improvement in ethernet cables. Their arguments are also interesting and quite convincing.

I have two questions:
1. Have any of you used Blue Jeans Cable service of sending your own (favorite sounding) ethernet cables to them and having them measured? In addition, is there any correlation to these measurements and lengths of the cables?

2. Have any of you used Blue Jeans Cable's other products such as speaker cable and interconnects? Did they get one product really right and others less so?

Ron the Mon
Mitmu

Post by Mitmu »

Also got a pair of BCJ Cat6 cables, must say these are the most tuneful i have had and heard, and for this small money!
Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 40th-SuperKikkin-Kalla-Tundra 2.5
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

Mitmu wrote: 2019-11-24 16:58 Also got a pair of BCJ Cat6 cables, must say these are the most tuneful i have had and heard, and for this small money!
Thanks Mitmu. What other Ethernet cables have you tried?