What is it you like about them Matteo?
LP12, Lingo 3, Cirkus/Kore, Tramp 2, Basik Plus Ania, Linto
Majik Ds, Kisto, Tundra 2.0, Majik 109
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Tune Dem of Headphones

Post by Matteo »

It's a refined version of the K92 (the queen of the bargain at 45€), more musical, with better isolation, comfortability and more accessories.

M.
Discodave
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Discodave »

Sound nice, do you have experience of how they compare to the K701s?
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

Sorry

I hate the K701 and generally am not a huge fan of open-back headphones
(a part from the iconic Grado HP2).

M.
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

Discodave wrote: 2020-11-20 01:02 What is it you like about them Matteo?
https://xander51.medium.com/headphone-s ... 9692006272
Discodave
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Discodave »

Wow, I've lived with them for many years and have always found them very enjoyable. But always on the lookout for more musical bargains!
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

After decades with open headphones, in the last years I found that closed headphones have a more neutral (and musical) sound signature. Plus, thery are a lot less expensive!

In fact, closed headphones are tipically used for mixing/mastering.

M.
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

Hadn’t use them for a while ... I’m now listening to the Supertramp vinyl “Crime of the Century” with my Shure SRH840 ... wow

Another giants killer for 120€!

M
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Post by David Neel »

Does anybody have experience of Meze headphones? Particularly the 99 classics?

Closed back would be a distinct advantage for me, in minimising or eliminating sound leakage.
The search for knowledge is not nourished by certainty, but by a radical distrust in certainty
Robert Lake

Post by Robert Lake »

I have been living with a pair of Grado SR325e for more than year now. I am not so impressed. I use the headphone on my Akurate DSM and Grado’s extension cable. But the music never really grabs me. My feets are not tapping. I give up quite quickly to watch TV or use my Ipad to watch music videos on Youtube. First impression was good. Then my interest started to fade. Now, whenever I can, I prefer my cheap floorstanding speakers. Maybe I am not a headphone guy.
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

Robert Lake wrote: 2021-02-15 22:59 I have been living with a pair of Grado SR325e for more than year now. I am not so impressed. I use the headphone on my Akurate DSM and Grado’s extension cable. But the music never really grabs me. My feets are not tapping. I give up quite quickly to watch TV or use my Ipad to watch music videos on Youtube. First impression was good. Then my interest started to fade. Now, whenever I can, I prefer my cheap floorstanding speakers. Maybe I am not a headphone guy.
Try a pair of cheap closed headphones with the DSM (AKG K52/72/92).

M.
Robert Lake

Post by Robert Lake »

Try a pair of cheap closed headphones with the DSM (AKG K52/72/92)
Thanks for tip. I could add to my opinions above that the 325 worked surprisingly good with my LP12. In fact i think it sounded better with the LP12 than the Akurate DSM.
Robert Lake

Post by Robert Lake »

Sennheiser PC-8
AKG N200
B&O Earset

I bought an Ipad Pro 2020, with pencil, and r red Torro leather cover. I am very satisfied with this puchase now that I work and teach from home with Zoom. The Ipad follows me around my home all the time, like a modern transistor radio. For my Zoom meetings I use Sennhesier PC-8. Very plastic and fragile but they do the job for the price. And are ok for some youtube videos, radio and TV news behind the computer.

Since the new Ipad has no headphone contact, I bought AKG N200 first. They are quite good if you can get them corretly inserted into your ears. Not so easy. I have small ears and particularly my left ear is quite problematic. It falls out too easily. So I need a wire between the earbuds otherwise - NO. If I do not move too much the AKG is ok but I should sit still. The wire betwee the earbuds save me from loosing them when the left earbud falls out. I can also wear them in bed and rest my head against a pillow without crushing my ear. That was all in my plan when I bought them. Unfortunatly the wire is not shieled so any contact with the wire leads to distrubing noise in the ears. Otherwise they have the characteristic sound of AKG headphones which is very pleasing and good for music. Build quality is so and so. Quite plastic so I expect them to break within a couple of years if I am not careful. Batteries last 4-5 hours only.

B&O have a cool design are more premium and are more B&O meaning a more clean HiFi type of sound that is characterstic for B&O. So, not good for discovering new unfamiliar music. Very good for spoken word, audibooks, radio, youtube lectures and for music that you are very familiar with and more quite music in general. The wire is isolated (no distrubing noises) and they stay on head as I move around. That is very very good. When taking part in Zoom meetings and people are using bad computer microphones, the treble can be extremely unpleasant. For Zoom I recommend PC-8. The various loundness corrections offered by B&O do not help at all. Otherwise it is a cool feuture in the form of an app for Android and Iphone/Ipad. They did not think that far when it comes to bad microphones though. And ergonometrics is not B&O strong side, you must press ON before attatching the earbuds to your ears. That is a minor inconvenience. Batteries last a bit longer that AKG but not that much more(+30 min ?.

Tunedem: AKG N200 is a bit better for all sorts of music. Especially discovering new music on my Ipad.
B&O are good for most of things I use my blutooth earbuds for: news, youtube lectures, audiobooks, when I preparing food or just run around in general. Extremely good value, given the discount prices on Amazon (Now around €70-110). However, I suspect both these earbuds are on the way out of production.
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

AV Online are currently practically giving the Grado 125e’s away for £139 (down from £165) with free delivery and 4 months interest free credit!

https://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/pr ... eadphones/
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

That is likely because Grado have just replaced the entire e series with a new x series. The x series are claimed to have improved drivers, a better cable that is now fabric wrapped and a more comfortable padded headband. The prices of all models except the 325 have gone up a bit, from $150 for the 125e to $175 on the 125x. Whether they are better or not I can't yet say as I haven't found the time to listen but maybe this weekend.

I ordered a pair of the 125e and the G cushions for myself from Grado on a Friday and was told it would take 2 to 3 weeks. Three days later on Monday they announced the new x series which I found out about when I got back to work Tuesday. Before I could call them and ask about my order a package came in from Grado for me with a pair of SR125x and the G cushions. So I probably received the first pair delivered anywhere. I have had them burning in on my Giella ∏ for a couple of weeks and will compare them to the 125e relatively soon. But the SR125e is certainly a very, very good headphone, actually my favorite musically of the e series models I listened to, so an even better deal at the discounted price. I will let you know as soon as I can what I think about the comparison.

From the current price list it appears that the PS series models have been discontinued, at least they aren't on there and it was hinted to me that the PS500 was going away. I think that is a pity as when I compared all the i versions a few years back the PS500 was my favorite and the one I felt outperformed the SR125i (which was also very good). There have been no changes to the RS and GS series but one would imagine they must be in the wings.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tendaberry »

It would be a pity if the Professional series were to be discontinued, as I'm extremely happy with my PS500e. I have also heard the PS1000, PS1000e and the PS2000e and all are remarkable headphones. On the current homepage the PS500e and the PS2000e are still there, maybe they have survived?
Some claim that the ltd ed. The Hemp is supposed to be one of their very best. Has anyone heard them?
https://gradolabs.com/headphones/limite ... m/124-hemp
headphonesay

Post by headphonesay »

Thank you for your sharing
AlbannachFE

Post by AlbannachFE »

ThomasOK wrote: 2021-06-17 17:12 That is likely because Grado have just replaced the entire e series with a new x series. The x series are claimed to have improved drivers, a better cable that is now fabric wrapped and a more comfortable padded headband. The prices of all models except the 325 have gone up a bit, from $150 for the 125e to $175 on the 125x. Whether they are better or not I can't yet say as I haven't found the time to listen but maybe this weekend.

I ordered a pair of the 125e and the G cushions for myself from Grado on a Friday and was told it would take 2 to 3 weeks. Three days later on Monday they announced the new x series which I found out about when I got back to work Tuesday. Before I could call them and ask about my order a package came in from Grado for me with a pair of SR125x and the G cushions. So I probably received the first pair delivered anywhere. I have had them burning in on my Giella ∏ for a couple of weeks and will compare them to the 125e relatively soon. But the SR125e is certainly a very, very good headphone, actually my favorite musically of the e series models I listened to, so an even better deal at the discounted price. I will let you know as soon as I can what I think about the comparison.

From the current price list it appears that the PS series models have been discontinued, at least they aren't on there and it was hinted to me that the PS500 was going away. I think that is a pity as when I compared all the i versions a few years back the PS500 was my favorite and the one I felt outperformed the SR125i (which was also very good). There have been no changes to the RS and GS series but one would imagine they must be in the wings.
Any updates on your experiences with the 'new' Grado range(s)?
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

I thought I had posted this but I guess not. After fully burning in the pair of SR125x and doing the comparisons I find the 125e more musically enjoyable. This is with original cushions or with the G cushions, which I prefer on the SR125. Those are the cushions that come standard on the GS series headphones but they are available separately. I haven't had a chance to listen to other x series units yet.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.