Harbeth speakers and Linn

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

bv

Harbeth speakers and Linn

Post by bv »

Hi, has anyone heard harbeth speakers with Linn electronics? Or compared them to linn speakers,as the a212 for example. I heard a sugden/harbeth combo a few years ago that was quite impressive in some areas, very "fluid".

/Björn
Rudi64

Re: Harbeth speakers and Linn

Post by Rudi64 »

bv wrote:Hi, has anyone heard harbeth speakers with Linn electronics? Or compared them to linn speakers,as the a212 for example. I heard a sugden/harbeth combo a few years ago that was quite impressive in some areas, very "fluid".

/Björn
I have heard the M30 Harbeth with a Majik DSM at a demo and it was a really musical combination...(but not for bassheads..)
Heard from others that Linn and Harbeth is a very good match...could'n agree more...
coolmeester

Re: Harbeth speakers and Linn

Post by coolmeester »

bv wrote:Hi, has anyone heard harbeth speakers with Linn electronics? Or compared them to linn speakers,as the a212 for example. I heard a sugden/harbeth combo a few years ago that was quite impressive in some areas, very "fluid".

/Björn
I had ADS-AK-A2200 (silvers, k400) with Harbeth SHL5 speakers. I got them cheap so I gave them a try. Big disappointment, harsh top-end and veeery slow. Like spinning 45rpm vinyl on 33 (almost). 212's are massive improvement in every way - control, clarity, balance, timing, etc(compared both in same room). Difference in liveliness and musicality is like between night and day.

I'm not saying Harbeths are bad, but definitely not for me.
Per A

Post by Per A »

I tried the smallest ones no. 7 something with my then Linn stuff: LP12, Exotik pre and AV5125 and I was disappointed by how not tuneful they were. Voice sounded natural but they simply did not sing.
rock&roll

Post by rock&roll »

I've also tried various Harbeth speakers including C7-S3 and SHL5. Generally they sound ok, but not very musical. I don't know why - but everything plays too slow. The music just plays but does nothing - no boogie factor or good PRaT.
R&R
wazza69

Post by wazza69 »

Hope you don't like rock - yawn