A Request to Paolo

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

Ceilidh

A Request to Paolo

Post by Ceilidh »

Hello!

I've just read through the Linn Topica List (after a few days out of town), and there's a June 14 post from "Paolo Nobile" that's just a wonderful explanation of why TuneDem is so useful. And so....

....if "Paolo" who posts on this forum is the same "Paolo Nobile" on Topica, may I please make a request of you (and also of Mr. Lejonklou)?

REQUEST TO PAOLO:
Paolo, could you please repost the pertinent parts of your Topica explanation to this (Lejonklou) forum? With Topica moving away from TuneDem and Mr. Lejonklou managing things here, this forum seems the natural home of a discussion like yours, and novices like myself would find your post very useful.

(Or if you like, I can just cut & paste the Topica post for you -- I just wouldn't want to do so without first asking your permission!)

REQUEST TO MR. LEJONKLOU:
And Mr. Lejonklou, would it be possible & appropriate to put Paolo's post on a "sticky", perhaps within your Forum Rules thread, or maybe as the start of a moderated (i.e., edited and culled by yourself) thread entitled "The Best of TuneDem" (or something like that)? It'd be very helpful to persons like myself (e.g., novices who would like to learn TuneDem but who aren't in a position to ask a dealer for a live demonstration / lesson) -- plus it seems (from Topica) that even many experienced Linn audiophiles don't quite see eye to eye on how it works.

Anyway, just a thought. :D

Thanks very much, and looking forward to reading more from all of you!

- C
paolo

Post by paolo »

Paolo, could you please repost the pertinent parts of your Topica explanation to this (Lejonklou) forum? With Topica moving away from TuneDem and Mr. Lejonklou managing things here, this forum seems the natural home of a discussion like yours, and novices like myself would find your post very useful.

(Or if you like, I can just cut & paste the Topica post for you -- I just wouldn't want to do so without first asking your permission!)
Thank you Ceilidh for you kind words, I'll be surely pleased if you post to this forum what you think is more useful of that message, if Fredrik agrees.

Ciao!
Ceilidh

Post by Ceilidh »

Thank you Paolo!

I'll start a new thread ("Tune Dem thoughts...") using the appropriate sections of your Topica post, and we can use the remainder of this thread for any author-editor discussions (e.g., if I've left out anything crucial, please tell me here and I'll go correct it in the other thread!).

Mr. Lejonklou, if my cut & paste winds up misleading or if you think any of this is inappropriate, please do edit/excise things or let me know how I should correct any errors. (Thank you!)

All the best, and I'll go do the cut & paste now. =)

- C
Ceilidh

Post by Ceilidh »

Hello Paolo!

I've put your Topica post up on a new thread! :D

Could you please (at your leisure) take a look and make sure I've properly captured both your voice and your content? I went through and made some minor edits in places where the original "Italian" syntax might have been a little difficult for an American to understand, but I really don't want to change the sound or the gist of what you've written! Please do let me know if there are any sections that don't sound right to you, and I'll go and correct them.

Many thanks again for allowing the cut & paste, and hope you're having a great week in the beautiful city of Rome!

- C
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

I agree with you, Ceilidh, that Paolos post was very thoughtful. Certainly with more nuances than my provocative posts! If the thread continues, it might become a sticky, but we can also link and point newcomers to it.

One problem is that no matter how well the Tune Method is described in text, many people will not get it until they are shown in real life how it works. To some, it's like riding a bike - impossible to understand how one keeps the balance until they actually try it.

That's why I think retailers should emphasize it and I also try to demonstrate it myself as often as I can.
paolo

Post by paolo »

Ceilidh wrote: I went through and made some minor edits in places where the original "Italian" syntax might have been a little difficult for an American to understand, but I really don't want to change the sound or the gist of what you've written!
Thank you Ceilidh, for me it's perfectly ok and I really apprecciate your fixes from my italianized english (sorry...), sounds better this way :wink:

About the message, I sincerely had no intention nor presumption to write anything more than my personal view on that aurgument, but I'll be glad if it can be of some help for others to understand the "spirit" of Tune Method. Anyway I agree with Fredrik, to really catch the TM it's fundamental at the beginning to have somebody who demonstrates how it works, any written explanation is simply not enough...
hope you're having a great week in the beautiful city of Rome!
Thank you again, I'll be leaving to Eolie Island (Sicily) on saturday for a week of sailing! Have a great week-end you too!