Power strip

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

minge

Power strip

Post by minge »

In what order should you put the hifi in the Power strip do you begin with poweramp,preamp,LP12,Renew DS or am i wrong?
Minge
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

I prefer to connect the sources closest to where the mains power enters the strip.

Mains power entrance - LP12 - DS - Pre amp - Power amp
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

lejonklou wrote:I prefer to connect the sources closest to where the mains power enters the strip.

I have tried both ways (at Fredrik's suggestion) and I agree. It is more tuneful with the sources first and power amps last. Naim recommends the reverse and it does have a different kind of sound but I do find the source first ordering more musical.

You might want to try it both ways and see what you think.
minge

Post by minge »

ThomasOK wrote:
lejonklou wrote:I prefer to connect the sources closest to where the mains power enters the strip.

I have tried both ways (at Fredrik's suggestion) and I agree. It is more tuneful with the sources first and power amps last. Naim recommends the reverse and it does have a different kind of sound but I do find the source first ordering more musical.

You might want to try it both ways and see what you think.
Thanks just bought a new Power strip from Claes Ohlsson gonna do a test.
Minge
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

minge wrote:Thanks just bought a new Power strip from Claes Ohlsson gonna do a test.
Worth comparing your Claes Ohlsson with the simplest (and probably cheapest) one you can find in a DIY store - i.e. no power surge protection or on/off switch etc.
minge

Post by minge »

Charlie1 wrote:
minge wrote:Thanks just bought a new Power strip from Claes Ohlsson gonna do a test.
Worth comparing your Claes Ohlsson with the simplest (and probably cheapest) one you can find in a DIY store - i.e. no power surge protection or on/off switch etc.
It is funny how Clas Olson power strip can sound so good it only cost 45sek?

Minge
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Cool - I presumed it was an expensive audiophile product.

A dedicated fused spur is also supposed to help, but as yet not got around to that myself.