Audio Fidelity Gold Cd´s anyone?

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

christian

Audio Fidelity Gold Cd´s anyone?

Post by christian »

Hi
Hopefully in a few days I will recieve my upgraded Klimax DS. Listening tests at Tonläget has clearly showed that this upgrade is really huge. It was especially fun to listen to older music that came out in the vinyl era. I have previously almost always found that a cd of lets say a classic album from the 70's is just a pale copy of the original LP. But with the upgraded KDS such music became really enjoyable to listen to. Therefore I am thinking of buying a few of my favourite vinyl albums on CD as well. Question is which version to buy?

I have previously found that a US pressing of an CD sound better that an European one. Actually I have never found it to be the opposite way. Also I prefer a HDCD to a normal CD (but they are not common). I have also bought a few classic albums from HDTRACKS in studio master quality. But with these I am not so sure. Feels like they have done something with these versions that often destroys the music but improves the sound.
Now I came across the Audio Fidelity Gold cd's. Has anyone tried one of these? When you read about it sounds like they know what they are doing, but experience tells me that it´s a good chance that they have destroyed the music and as always only improved the sound.

Any comments on different cd versions, hdtracks studio masters and the Gold cd´s is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Last edited by christian on 2011-09-18 09:01, edited 1 time in total.
Kind regards
Christian
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

Hi christian. There's a thread over in the Linn forums regarding HDtracks.

http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread.php?tid=12003

Personally, i am waiting for the record labels to release their own studio masters. I don't trust the source code from anywhere that's not either the label or the artist.
ADS3/SagMono/Tundra 2.2- . Totem Tribe Tower.
Lejonklou demos available in the N of England.