Lower prices on Linn Classik components

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Lower prices on Linn Classik components

Post by ThomasOK »

Linn has just lowered the price on their Classik components effective April 27th. The Classik Movie is now $3470US (a drop of over $900!) and the Classik Music is $1875US - both substantial price decreases. We were told that similar decreases would be made in markets worldwide. With the new pricing on the Komponent speakers it appears that Linn is making their entry level more affordable - not less.

Still, it would be nice to see a set of separates to replace the Genki, Kolektor, LK85/140 units. We can always hope.
Linnofil
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Linnofil »

Great news indeed! This will bring in more customers to the Linn brand. Are these prices about the same as before the jump in prices that occured about a year ago? Will the Movie 05 be at the same price as the Movie Di before it was discontinued? It will be interesting to see the prices in my country. (Sweden) Anybody who knows?
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Linnofil wrote:Great news indeed! This will bring in more customers to the Linn brand. Are these prices about the same as before the jump in prices that occured about a year ago? Will the Movie 05 be at the same price as the Movie Di before it was discontinued? It will be interesting to see the prices in my country. (Sweden) Anybody who knows?
The Classik Music is still a little above what it was before the price increase - about $300US but it's closest competitor, the Arcam Solo also went up in price recently so they are only about $130 apart and the Linn is noticeably superior. The Movie 05 did not go up in the US when the other prices went up last September and it is about $500 lower than the Movie Di was when it was discontinued so it is quite a good buy.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Suggested prices in Sweden are:

Classik Music SEK 15 500
Classik Movie SEK 28 100

That is more than SEK 10 000 less for a Movie and almost 4 400 less for a Music!
Linnofil
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Linnofil »

Absolutely stunning news! Great! It makes me want to promote Linn at work again... Now it is possible again, without looking to stupid when trying to explain the entry level into the world of Linn. This feels really good! :D Ivor is back and Linn seems to be on track again.
KingClifton

Post by KingClifton »

I wonder whether the reduced Classik prices are Linn's move towards an entry-level? Or will the Majik system spawn a lower-cost entry-level system?
Pediatrik

Post by Pediatrik »

This is very interesting news indeed!

I guess only the future can tell if this is a way to make the present entry-level more affordable or make way for an entry-level set of separates! Exciting indeed!

Ooops! I recently convinced a friend in buying a demo-ex Classik Music at 15500 SEK... :oops: