Sharing the sound of our systems!

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

beck
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Sharing the sound of our systems!

Post by beck »

Thank you! The spelling of his name has always made me frustrated. What is the right spelling?
Playing cd’s…………
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

christian wrote:I told you in the 3677 thread that I find Classical music most enjoyable on the JBL 3677. This is an example of this. Notice how you get all the power from the great orchestra without compression and at the same time all the feelings from the solo violin is very present.
Enjoy!
Thank you, Christian,

it sounds very good. I have a strong dislike for compression in conventional loudspeakers, so there is a lot to like about the 3677s.

Matt
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

beck wrote:Great sound! But what is the rest of the system cables and so on? I really like to see what I am listening to!
All you can see is a white screen, because Jajo's system is a cinema, featuring 3677 on left, center and right, 4645C as a sub and four smaller wall mounted JBL's as surround.

I suspect that the source was a Majik DS, the preamp a heavily modified Denon Professional surround processor and the power amps seven Crown's (not sure of the model). We will soon be reinstalling Tundra Mono 2's and testing them in bridged mode, the reason being that they don't quite play loud enough to handle the LFE channel with movies on reference level. Although more than loud enough for music, the sub clipped on explosions and that is just not acceptable when everything is so tuned to perfection (lowering the sub with 2 dB solves the problem, but that's not the level where it performs optimally with the rest of the system). So we'll investigate if a bridged Tundra 2 and/or bridged Tundra Mono 2's will solve the need for quantity.

In Jajo's recording, one doesn't hear the intense low bass, but you can hear how the music is compressed when those notes hit.
John
Very active member
Very active member

Post by John »

Here's a bit from my LP12:
Last edited by John on 2016-02-28 00:13, edited 9 times in total.
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

My ipad will not read it. Just make a little movie. I would like to see your Sondek as well as hear it. :-)
Playing cd’s…………