Rick Beato

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

Smokindonut

Rick Beato

Post by Smokindonut »

I read this forum a lot because 1. Everyone is so nice and 2. It's interesting and provocative. I don't contribute anything, because I don't normally have anything to say.

But I do struggle sometimes with the concept of musicality and tune dem in comparing equipment. The thing I've found recently that really helps is watching Rick Beato's videos on what makes this song great. Now there's a man that loves his music and can communicate very eloquently why some music is great and broadly why some music isn't...

I've found that his analysis has provided me with a definition of musicality that a. is based on actual music theory and b. I can work with and evaluate against in musical terms rather than some arbitrary definition of 'sounds good'.

As an example, his analysis of Seal's 'Kiss from a rose' helped me understand a. why it's such a great song and b. why my equipment makes it sound like a great song. It helps me understand what all the parts are and why a great Hi fi helps me follow all those parts.

So, I guess the point of the post is to encourage you to go watch Rick Beato on Youtube. He's a star, and no, he isn't a relative!
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Rick Beato

Post by beck »

Rick Beato is doing great things for music lovers. I can recommend him too. :-)

https://youtu.be/ynFNt4tgBJ0

If you listen to the difference in sound between Rick playing and the recording you get what “good tune” is all about. :-)
Playing cd’s…………
Ianw

Re: Rick Beato

Post by Ianw »

As an acoustic and electric guitarist, I like his informative videos for their straightforward explanations.

He also takes the time to go into some interesting chord extensions and creative riffs.

Great for musicians to grab and apply to give sometimes familiar music with a nice musical twist.